microsoft and machinima

Sony would never do such a thing....
Absolutely not, Sony would never use such scummy tactics... Oh wait... Clicky;):D

I don't think it comes as any surprise that companies with a lot at stake may not always have the consumers best interest at heart unfortunately... :(

Last edited:
Neither was it about EA?

Yes but we now have proof they are doing it too, as I said if some proof that sony is doing this crops up feel free to slate them in here as well.

At the moment it just seems like more 'Sony too!' comments to try and deflect some of this away from Microsoft, it seems to be happening a lot.

Shocker as companies pay for advertising. Next you'll tell me Joe Hart doesn't actually use Head and shoulders!

Another person completely missing the issue here. The problem isn't the advertising, it's the fact that they were told to keep the fact that it is paid advertising a secret, and therefore potentially misleading people who might believe they are reading unbiased opinions.

Yes but we now have proof they are doing it too, as I said if some proof that sony is doing this crops up feel free to slate them in here as well.

At the moment it just seems like more 'Sony too!' comments to try and deflect some of this away from Microsoft, it seems to be happening a lot.
Not really, as it stands there's no disputing what's happened although to be fair it's not clear the NDA thing is anything to do with Microsoft. EA have been brought up and it's been found Sony have been convicted of similar practices, it goes to show a pattern for big business and I would have thought is pertinent to the topic no?

Off course Sony will be doing it as well.

Another person completely missing the issue here. The problem isn't the advertising, it's the fact that they were told to keep the fact that it is paid advertising a secret, and therefore potentially misleading people who might believe they are reading unbiased opinions.
Although we don't know that has anything to do with Microsoft and so far only that it is part of the Machinima t&c's unless there's an update?

Although we don't know that has anything to do with Microsoft and so far only that it is part of the Machinima t&c's unless there's an update?

Yes, actually Machinima has claimed that it is just a standard agreement ane Microsoft were not aware of individual details, but that just begs the question as to why for the XB1 promotions this NDA was included, where are promotions for others such as E3 and PAX had the opposite?

Playstation Magazine :D

Now i'm not sure if you are just trolling or genuinely missing the point here, but as explained previously, the issue isn't with the advertising but with the fact that the advertising is secret, therefore any official magazine, be it Xbox, Playstation or Nintendo is not relevant here as we all know they are affiliated with the company in question from the start.

scummy tactics by Microsoft & Machinima

Yes, actually Machinima has claimed that it is just a standard agreement ane Microsoft were not aware of individual details, but that just begs the question as to why for the XB1 promotions this NDA was included, where are promotions for others such as E3 and PAX had the opposite?
New general T&Cs? So to be clear then perhaps the accusations about Microsoft and "Scummy practices" should revised unless we're going to go down the road of "they would say that wouldn't they" and "there's no smoke without fire" (unless evidence turns up of them being involved in which case yes, they should be given a hard time).?

**Edit** I should say i'm surprised you posted that given, well, lets be honest you're not Microsofts biggest fan. Pleasantly surprised /nod.

Last edited:
Can you imagine how much the average net worth of OCUK forum members would be if there was a similar scheme for PS4, Nvidia and ATI? ;)

Can you imagine how much the average net worth of OCUK forum members would be if there was a similar scheme for PS4, Nvidia and ATI? ;)

Very low :) Most would just waste it on overpriced PC parts or more console crap :)

Anyway, to add something constructive:

"This partnership between Machinima and Microsoft was a typical marketing partnership to promote Xbox One in December. The Xbox team does not review any specific content or provide feedback on content. Any confidentiality provisions, terms or other guidelines are standard documents provided by Machinima. For clarity, confidentiality relates to the agreements themselves, not the existence of the promotion."

This is the official response from the 2 companies:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/21/5331430/microsoft-machinima-xbox-one-youtube-promotions-response

Personally, I don't really understand the ins and outs of what people were not allowed to disclose and how this differs from past promotions? Are we saying in the other videos from NFS and BF4 "had" to declare in their video they were paid and the Xbox ONE videos did not state this (at the behest of this NDA agreement?). Never used machinima so its a bit new to me.

rp2000

Last edited:
Bit of a shady practice, but no more than many other companies use/used, I guess many people havent seen this in all its glory so to speak. Obviously any blogger praising the XB1 in such a positive manner would have to be a paid MS shill :D

That EA one is quite funny "do not make videos that focus on glitches in the game"
I guess that explains why we didn't here anything about how broken the game was in the preview videos we saw :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom