Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 announced.

Soldato
WOW. Will this be available for PC’s? What would be the best way to run it?

Would absolutely love this but not with an Xbox controller. I was used to using a mouse and joystick back in the day with FSX :D

Associate
Since I got rid of gamepass I've had MSFS in my Steam wishlist.
Had an email today that it was on sale and comparing the versions I came across this.
I'm going to wait until this comes out now, the Warthog has made my mind up.

Associate
Likely need a bloody mortgage to buy the PC spec necessary to run this :D

It’s expected to run far better than msfs2020 because of multithreading

They realised they were limited in several major ways with 2020 hence why they have seemingly ditched the ten year support pledge and have brought this new and improved version out.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s expected to run far better than msfs2020 because of multithreading

They realised they were limited in several major ways with 2020 hence why they have seemingly ditched the ten year support pledge and have brought this new and improved version out.
i am torn on this, on one hand they have released a lot of updates for 2020.
OTOH there is no doubt they are double dipping on a lot of the promised features for 2020 which are now coming in 2024.

sure i get they say the 2020 engine cant cope with some of the stuff, but as a punter who already hasnt gotten the value out of 2020 due mostly to me buying for some of the features which were meant to be coming later......... but are now coming in the next game, i am not really concerned with the technical reasons.

still, whilst i wont be buying day 1 due to once bitten twice shy etc i will be buying it eventually so long as it runs in vr , the career structure in it is right up my street and is why i play games tbh.

1 off chalenges and free flying does not really do it for me.

Associate
What makes this appeal if the current one doesn't?

I have very little faith that Asobo can deliver on the 'career' and 'missions' fronts. All their existing attempts at creating content have been half-baked.
I loved Flight Simulator X and had loads of add-ons (MD-11 etc.). I just never got on with Flight Simulator (2020), just me I suppose :)

Back
Top Bottom