Microsoft releases Security Essentials today

Soldato
Spybot is crap to be honest,you are better off with Malwarebytes 1.41 or SuperAntiSpyware with a free AV.

Spybot S&D rarely picks up problems during scans, but is useful for immunisation
Spyware Blaster adds more immunisation
SuperAntiSpyware is great for scan pickups
MalwareBytes is good for "evil" malware solutions, but takes an age to do a full scan (although quick scan is super speedy)
Adaware Anniversary Edition seems to do nothing positive for me

Don
I just installed it in a fresh W7 install

Defender was still running and active

Does it use the same modules?

I disabled defender real-time scanning, and didn't get any warnings..

Not trying to be a smart alec here, just curious :)

Associate
I'm on Windows 7 and have just installed this. I also have AVG free edition running. Will this be ok? Should i uninstall AVG or just use them both?

Soldato
OP
I take it even after a couple of weeks it's still looking rosy? Think i'll have a go with it instead of renewing NOD. :)

i'm a big nod32 fan and to be honest i will renew mine, just because i think it's so dam good, but on my laptop i'm keeping MSE, i have been liberating all my friends and office workers and its the best free one i have ever tried... very light weight and efficient

Soldato
OP
I tried it but it didn't find anything. May as well stick with Avast and Spybot SSD.

MSE comes in 32 and 64 bit versions, Avast is just generic and uses much more resources, if you're a freebee av person then i can't understand why you would use anything but an MS made product to protect an MS operating system

Back
Top Bottom