**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Because it never really enjoyed any sort of actual push by Microsoft to get an app marketplace going on the system and their marketing quickly reverted to "look you can run real Windows apps on the Surface Pro". And now the platform is EOL.

Technically it had it together, it was just managed incredibly badly by Microsoft. People buying it and not realising it wasn't 'real' Windows is a failure in how the product was positioned and sold.

Is there a single report of one person buying RT thinking it was full windows?

Man of Honour
Looking forward to seeing what comes of the SP4 after trying and SP3 which had to go back faulty.
It would need to be really good I think for me to consider over a hopefully discounted SP3, but looking at replacing my laptop with a small form factor desktop and a capable tablet for on the couch and taking out and about with me.

Soldato
What i'm wondering is, will the surface pro 3 keyboard work with the 14" version of the pro 4?

Current rumours is the same dimensions as the SP3 so all accessories should work fine.

Had a look at the Pixel C but it just looks like an Android tablet with a keyboard, which lacks proper multi window multitasking. Now I want the SP4/discounted SP3 more :p.

Associate
Oooh, that'll be interesting to see how they do that. Just got a ruler out and the measurement across the SP3 pro is 13 3/4" from outer bezel to outer bezel, not leaving much space for an overlap to protect the screen there.

Man of Honour
Had a look at the Pixel C but it just looks like an Android tablet with a keyboard, which lacks proper multi window multitasking. Now I want the SP4/discounted SP3 more :p.

You've got to have a laugh:

And yes, it appears to be Google's answer to the Microsoft Surface as well

We've had comments like this on a number of sites and clearly they haven't got a clue. As if adding a keyboard makes it a power tablet. :D

Man of Honour
The keyboard also looks like a Chinese £5 job.
Not sure why people are getting excited about it. It's pointless as a office tablet.

Associate
I would love an 8in Surface Mini, with Core M processor, 4GB memory, with a 64GB SSD and an 1080P screen , on-board 4G modem would be nice but not essential and running Windows 10 64bit.

Somehow I don't think it will happen though.

Soldato
I don't see how it's even close to a SP competitor :p. If anything it seems to go more against the iPad Pro with the keyboard dock.

Actually not even that, or the Surface 3, seeing as it has no native pen input.
How do you sell something like that with no native pen input!

Associate
I hear it will be a bigger screen, to compete with ipapro. Pew will also see improvements on the touch n-trig tech that they now own.

Man of Honour
Odd statement as they aren't really in competition with each other,
As well as pro 4 rumours having a 14" option, well before iPad pro announcement, As well as ipadpro is hardly bigger than the current surface anyway.

Associate
Odd statement as they aren't really in competition with each other,

You are so wrong on this one, they are total in competition with each other. Include as well google's Pixel C. Be prepared to read 100 articles titled:

Apple iPad Pro Vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Vs. Google Pixel C

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom