**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Dell XPS13 :cool:

I wanted a SP3 when they were released but there was so many delays, in the meantime Dell released the XPS13 with 13" in a 11" form factor i7,ssd, touch and a amazing screen.

Really glad I went with the Dell over the SP.

Associate
OP
Dell XPS13 :cool:

I wanted a SP3 when they were released but there was so many delays, in the meantime Dell released the XPS13 with 13" in a 11" form factor i7,ssd, touch and a amazing screen.

Really glad I went with the Dell over the SP.

Gave the xps13 a try but it had issues, mainly a hissing sound when the backlit keys were on. Also tried the SP2 but that thing sounded like a jet engine & the back was hot enough to cook eggs on :p

Hoping this new one delivers :cool:

Man of Honour
Its certainly made my purchasing decision much harder, I'd just settled on a 15" Macbook Pro and a tablet of some kind as an accompaniment, and was planning on buying one this week but the enhanced specs of the higher end Surface Pro 4's (i7 and 16GB RAM) make me think that it might actually suffice as an editing machine plugged into my 24" dell monitor... will be keen to see UK pricing and release dates. I might just get the Macbook and look to pickup a reduced SP3 for when I'm mobile.

Man of Honour
Its certainly made my purchasing decision much harder, I'd just settled on a 15" Macbook Pro and a tablet of some kind as an accompaniment, and was planning on buying one this week but the enhanced specs of the higher end Surface Pro 4's (i7 and 16GB RAM) make me think that it might actually suffice as an editing machine plugged into my 24" dell monitor... will be keen to see UK pricing and release dates. I might just get the Macbook and look to pickup a reduced SP3 for when I'm mobile.

Have you seen the surface book.

Soldato
Would like to think so but I'm a bit worried as they aren't saying a model number.

Rewatched the Book video, and it does state dedicated GDDR5 memory for the Nvidia GPU so that actually rules out the low end GPUs. If it's Maxwell we're looking at a GTX 950M as the possible minimum. Not 100% sure but I think that might be comparable with the R9 M370X used in the current best MBP. The SB truly does seem like a MBP killer. This is all my current speculation though, come on Microsoft, lay out some proper specs already :p.

Soldato
Rewatched the Book video, and it does state dedicated GDDR5 memory for the Nvidia GPU so that actually rules out the low end GPUs. If it's Maxwell we're looking at a GTX 950M as the possible minimum. Not 100% sure but I think that might be comparable with the R9 M370X used in the current best MBP. The SB truly does seem like a MBP killer. This is all my current speculation though, come on Microsoft, lay out some proper specs already :p.

Ah missed the dedicated bit, that's a bit of hope then. Also yes, quite, we need factoids :mad:

Back
Top Bottom