*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Caporegime
Personally I've upgraded to see if it solved the handling of multiple windows on a 4K DP screen, which it has, dodgy HDMI handshakes with my soundbar, which it has, and painful network sharing between my 4 house PCs, which again it has.

Here to stay for me.

Permabanned
Ryzen 5 2500U and Core i5-10210U are processors with absolutely equal CPU performance.

The first is NOT supported by Windows 11, the second IS supported by Windows 11.

The Ryzen 5 2500U has absolutely the same features set as in the database of CPU_World as my other Ryzen 9 5900X.

So, now, please explain how in this stupid world the Intel CPU is somehow supported, while the AMD is somehow NOT supported?!

Do we want to enter new class-action lawsuits against Microsoft and Intel for violating the free market competition conditions?

Soldato
I can't get the clock and calender to pop up when clicking on the clock on the taskbar? Was thinking it might be because Im using StartAllBack?

Last edited:
Caporegime
2) YouTube won't play any video higher than 1080p without serious buffering, network speed is apparently only 2600kbps in Stats for Nerds. This is in Edge - haven't tried alternative browser yet but will do now. EDIT: Vivaldi does exactly the same thing but my PS4 can play 4K YouTube with no issues so it's not the network. EDIT 2: Apparently, it's something to do with the Killer network drivers. The Control Centre app installed in the background and enabled "Network Prioritization" or something. Switching this off and it's all back to normal. Sometimes I wish I wish I had a Mac.
I have this. How did you switch it off? I can't find it.

Caporegime
I have this. How did you switch it off? I can't find it.

Start menu, then type Killer and it should bring up the Killer Control Centre. Then I think it's in Settings (the third option down in the column on the left) and there is a switch for Network Priority, you turn it off.

Facebook, Instagram, Youtube Slow on Windows 11? Here's How to Solve It. (ascinc.com)

But where their graphic points to Prioritization Engine (1), the option is in Settings underneath.

Soldato
No, you would never even guess it was being used it's that well integrated as are all these alternative "start" style utils. There isn't even a start menu all programs icon or shortcut for it, the only way to load it is right click start button and properties as if it was a part of Windows.
Looking on the startisback website there is a free trial and buy for $4.99.

Do you know how long the free trial is for at all?

Ignore the above, I found the info on their website!

Caporegime
Ryzen 5 2500U and Core i5-10210U are processors with absolutely equal CPU performance.

The first is NOT supported by Windows 11, the second IS supported by Windows 11.

The Ryzen 5 2500U has absolutely the same features set as in the database of CPU_World as my other Ryzen 9 5900X.

So, now, please explain how in this stupid world the Intel CPU is somehow supported, while the AMD is somehow NOT supported?!

Planned obsolescence? the i5-10210U is less than two years old whereas the 2500U is nearly four years old?

Associate
Acquired an ASUS 14-1 Pin TPM2 Module for my Rog 10th anniversary X99 setup, and windows 11 was happy with everything apart from 6950x but it still installed via USB with no issues, also kept the 4.4g overclock on it. runs sweet and seems snappy to me.

Soldato
Done a clean install of W11 tonight on my gaming PC. Needed one anyway as the OS install was starting to feel messy and lagging a touch even on good hardware.

Been using it on my XPS13 since the dev release to pretty much used to it all at this point really.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Stuck Win11 on my laptop. First impressions here are...distinctly un-good.

They appear to have taken the muddled UI design of Win10, where some stuff looks like it has done since the Win9x days and some stuff looks like the modern design, and made it even more muddled. To get to a useful right-click menu on the desktop or in the file explorer now takes two mouse clicks rather than one (you right-click and get a Modern UI menu, click 'show more options' and get a classic style one???). Right-clicking on the taskbar no longer gives you a quick way to get the task manager open. The new start menu is awful. Just so much wasted space.

One step sideways, three steps backwards off of a cliff. No way in hell is this going anywhere near my desktop PC as it stands.

Soldato
Not sure what is going on but my overclock seems to be giving me lower speeds in Windows 11, all settings are the same in BIOS as before but cpu-z only gives me 4.5ghz at maxed load where before I was getting 4.8ghz, it's almost like I am only getting the AVX Frequency speed and never the Turbo Mode. I just never goes higher than 4.5ghz no matter what I do.

Am I missing any settings in Windows 11 or drivers or software for Turbo Mode to work?

Overclock.jpg

Back
Top Bottom