*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Associate
Stick an SSD in it and it will feel like a brand new computer. Simple and cheap.

It's just a mothballed machine which has 2 HHD's in with windows 7 I think! just incase something crazy happens and we need a spare. I just chucked Windows 11 on an old laptop HDD to test. We do have another with the same specs which is lying around in bits which I have been meaning to put in a display case for the young un because it was his first "own" pc. The board has quite a bend in now but I bet it still works though.

Yeap. Boasting about installing w11 on ancient hardware is akin to installing LED backlighting on an old tube style black and white TV :D

Oh lord I have screwdrivers and sparks in my head now! thanks for that memory :D

Permabanned
OP
Same here, installed it on release and been really liking the change. CPU also idles around 6-7c cooler.
Just checked my idle temps and I am now running 5c cooler at around 30c with Windows 11!

Was not expecting that...

I bet you both not on load. Go do a cpu stress test for 2 hours, see what temps get up to then. :cry:

Mine can get to about 25-30 when I have 1 tab open in edge and nothing else.

Associate
I bet you both not on load. Go do a cpu stress test for 2 hours, see what temps get up to then. :cry:

Mine can get to about 25-30 when I have 1 tab open in edge and nothing else.

No i am specifically talking about idle temps, used to be 41c now 35c. Load is the same as always.

Soldato
Do we think as time goes by that Windows 11 will become snapper and more efficient over time?

but regarding stability it’s been great so far for me. :)

Soldato
You never know MS might go back on their word and support win10 for longer, as I cant see myself using win11 yet as its got too many niggles and its a downgrade to windows 10.... But I will keep trying it every so often though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Do we think as time goes by that Windows 11 will become snapper and more efficient over time?

but regarding stability it’s been great so far for me. :)
I think so. But will take a while. That is why when I did a fresh clean install of windows on my main rig recently it was of Windows 10 and not 11. Happy to use 11 only on my laptop for now.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Seems more likely to get slower, as they add additional "skinning" and layers of kludge over the top of 10
Over a much longer period of time maybe, but right now there are fixes coming in that helps performance. Like on my laptop which has an AMD CPU seems a bit more snappy after a recent update due to the L3 cache issue that was present on release (how did they even miss that?). I get the feeling as stuff like this get fixes and more optimisation it will get a little better.

Back
Top Bottom