*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
I have a feeling this is it, Realised giving everyone free upgrades wasn't anyway to make money lol.

MS doesn't need Windows to make money. All their money now comes from Azure and other cloud services they provide.

They will continue the Apple route and give the next version way for free. They have no reason to charge for Windows anymore.

Man of Honour
MS doesn't need Windows to make money. All their money now comes from Azure and other cloud services they provide.

They will continue the Apple route and give the next version way for free. They have no reason to charge for Windows anymore.
I agree, it's simply an on-ramp for their services now.

Associate
I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict there's a subscription model coming... probably rolled in with office 365 to make it seem better value.

It's Microsoft - they like money too much to give things away for very long.

Associate
Windows home may as well go free while they can still charge for pro and charge companies to install Windows if they want.

MS probably makes sod all from Windows sales these days compared to what they make from services, consoles and everything else they sell.

MS is far better giving Windows away and make it back on services like their app store or office subscriptions.

Man of Honour
Pretty much - I've never really tried using it with icons aligned to the centre but left works with my usage flow. Though with a decent size touchscreen setup for tasks that worked well on that setup like a dedicated media PC it possibly could be a good approach, etc.

Permabanned
Just get Object Desktop from Stardock Software and then install WindowsBlinds (There are 1000's of free blinds available to change your desktop) and Start 10 (probably be changed to Start 11 once new windows is out) and then have a much better experience with windows then it is now. :p

I had blinds for a bit, sort of liked it but went back to normal windows. :)

Man of Honour
Just get Object Desktop from Stardock Software and then install WindowsBlinds (There are 1000's of free blinds available to change your desktop) and Start 10 (probably be changed to Start 11 once new windows is out) and then have a much better experience with windows then it is now. :p

Problem I've found with 3rd party software like that changes in newer Windows updates can be incompatible requiring messing about and/or waiting for the 3rd party programs to update, etc. with 10 they often seem to change stuff around for the sake of it breaking things.

Soldato
I had blinds for a bit, sort of liked it but went back to normal windows. :)
Fair enough, I personally can't stand the flatness of windows 10, just makes it look so boring. :p

Problem I've found with 3rd party software like that changes in newer Windows updates can be incompatible requiring messing about and/or waiting for the 3rd party programs to update, etc. with 10 they often seem to change stuff around for the sake of it breaking things.
I been using it for years and not had any problems so far, but once windows 11 coming out I guess there be a little while before the ironed out any glitches if there is any, but knowing Microsoft there probably will be a bunch ! :p

Back
Top Bottom