*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

PoD

PoD

Associate
Basically this is a full launch of Windows 10x (potentially relabelled Windows 10) and most likely an annoucement of the new Surface Neo and probably a new Duo.

Man of Honour
And it still has the silly updates implementation and so far no updated store ecosystem... yawn.

EDIT: And as someone said in the comments on the video above:

"I can't wait to see four generations of design languages fighting each other…"

Man of Honour
So basically they've borrowed heavily from a few high profile people who've suggested ways to make the UI better without understanding the design language and why of what those people are suggesting and rammed them haphazardly together.

Associate
I've tried the *new* build and at this moment Windows 11 is just another name for the "sun valley" UI redesign it seems. There may be some under the hood changes that I don't know about but for now thats pretty much it

V F

V F

Soldato
So basically they've borrowed heavily from a few high profile people who've suggested ways to make the UI better without understanding the design language and why of what those people are suggesting and rammed them haphazardly together.

Something is fishy?...

From Mar 11, 2021

Man of Honour
They have the icon stack on the taskbar in the middle of the screen so why not make the whole taskbar float? Seems the logical thing to do and you can then drag it around as you see fit or pin it to any edge.

Stupid not allowing this.... Design language is lost in translation it seems.

Soldato
I'm just waiting for people to realise that the "new rounded window corners" are actually from Windows 7. Amusingly, they've kept the Windows 7 window style and colour if you press Shift+F10 during the first part of setup if you clean install it.

V F

V F

Soldato
They have the icon stack on the taskbar in the middle of the screen so why not make the whole taskbar float? Seems the logical thing to do and you can then drag it around as you see fit or pin it to any edge.

If this is legit I'll bet they don't stick to this when final. They always make something somewhat nice then redact it. Whistler, Blackcomb, Longhorn.

Soldato

It can also be pinned to the left of the taskbar, so that might be why it doesn't float.

Personally I don't like the 'new' start menu if that's what we're getting, seems far less efficient than current setup, at least for me (I've got approx. 70 shortcuts on windows 10). Thankfully there seems to be a way to restore it in the leaks.

Associate
At the moment it's basically just Windows 10 with a updated UI that looks more like Mac OSX. I think they are simply naming it Windows 11 because the UI update is quite the departure from the way it is currently and they probably don't want to have to deal with the hassle of people complaining about the new UI design

Of course this is a very early build of Windows 11 I am talking about ( so things are subject to a lot of change ) and its clear it's going to need a lot more work done before it gets launched. But yeah right now if you are thinking about trying out the leaked build I would suggest checking it out in a VM and not running it as your main OS

Soldato
Most important question for me is does it improve game performance?

the answer is going to at the very least be probably because Microsoft is planning to gatekeep new features: leaks so far said only Windows 11 will get DirectStorage and only Windows 11 will get the Big.Little scheduler (upcoming CPU's will run better on Windows 11 than 10)

Soldato
At the moment it's basically just Windows 10 with a updated UI that looks more like Mac OSX. I think they are simply naming it Windows 11 because the UI update is quite the departure from the way it is currently and they probably don't want to have to deal with the hassle of people complaining about the new UI design

Of course this is a very early build of Windows 11 I am talking about ( so things are subject to a lot of change ) and its clear it's going to need a lot more work done before it gets launched. But yeah right now if you are thinking about trying out the leaked build I would suggest checking it out in a VM and not running it as your main OS
You tried win 11 already? Care to share the iso so we can play with it?

Back
Top Bottom