Midlag Crisis

Associate
It's a real shame to hear about the mobo dying. But with all the craft and dedication you put into this case I don't think it's a loss at all mate. Even the empty is a real work of art.

Associate
OP
Lovely build and excellent log, congrats chap :)
Thanks Roalith. :)

It's a real shame to hear about the mobo dying. But with all the craft and dedication you put into this case I don't think it's a loss at all mate. Even the empty is a real work of art.
I should have come back to say I pin pointed the problem, was a faulty switch on the marble button, works good with a new switch, big relief but yeah I would have the posted empty case if the hardware was done. :o:D

Does anyone have a mobo to donate? Guys? Anyone?
Thanks Chris but thank goodness there was no need for that, to be honest I'm led to believe I wouldn't have much problem getting sponsored anyway, I've just never contacted any companies for the extra help. :D

It's complete & it works & will serve it's purpose as a low power very quiet HTPC, it's virtually silent with the fan plugged into the CPU header, I didn't bother making internals look good because only the front will be seen really & it won't be close enough to notice the multi-coloured wires.

Anyway it houses a SFX PSU, mini-ITX motherboard, SSD, 2x HDD's, modded 140mm akasa apache fan, IR sensor which lets me use the marble switch or remote control, snake mess of a wire job mostly stashed between the PSU & SSD so not in the way of air flow.

The SSD mount helps to direct the air flow down onto the motherboard & out through the sides, rear, top & PSU as well as blowing over the HDD's.

On with the final shots.
MidlagCrisis158.jpg

MidlagCrisis159.jpg

MidlagCrisis160.jpg

MidlagCrisis161.jpg

MidlagCrisis162.jpg

MidlagCrisis163.jpg

MidlagCrisis164.jpg

MidlagCrisis165.jpg

MidlagCrisis166.jpg

MidlagCrisis167.jpg

MidlagCrisis168.jpg

MidlagCrisis169.jpg

MidlagCrisis170.jpg

Here's another project I made for the Intel NUC complete with miniature Titan inspired custom heat sink. :D
MidlagCrisis171.jpg

MidlagCrisis172.jpg

Now I can focus on lean & green again when I'm feeling up for it which should be pretty soon, I don't idle so well lol.

Associate
Superb, I really like the finish you've got on that case. I know it's taken you a little while to perfect it, but I think the outcome is definitely worth it. I've also loving that little Intel NUC, it looks fantastic, and that custom cooler on the GPU is awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom