Midweek Football Thread. Champions League. 15-16 *spoliers*

Man of Honour
Good recovery that shows we do have some character after our recent run. Though Liege had a plan to just sit back and counter in the second half, allowing us far more space in their half deliberately as opposed to us earning it.

Diaby was by far the worst out of an off day for most of our team. Very nervous too.

A win's a win tbh, and Leige away was supposed to be our hardest fixture so that makes it the group *touch wood* easy now.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I'll go with that as well...lucky escape for Arsenal..we played absolutely shocking football tonight and were very lucky that we didnt lose...Eddy at least made amends on his screw up earlier on...thankfully we got the goals we needed...hoping that we improve massively for the next game...well by then im hoping we will have Nasri, RvP and Arshavin back in the squad.

Soldato
Gutted in a way :p

We sooooooo had the best chances in that game against Stuttgart in the end and in all fairness despite riding our luck a bit we more than deserved the draw.

We created the best chances throughout the 90 mins and could have nicked it right at the end. Oh well I would have taken 1-1 before the game and I think a few players were really good tonight. Rothen was probably the best player on the park for Rangers in my opinion, he was always comfortable on the ball and kept possession superbly and put in some great balls.

More than encouraged with that second half performance :D

Soldato
Liege were woeful, they had little possession, and only 2 shots. Of course they didn't really need to play well. Can't really see why anyone is having a go at the keeper, he had no chance really. First goal you could argue he should have done better, but he is young.

Clichy was poor. Eboue got dragged into the middle too much, and Diaby, how can someone be as good as him drifting past players, yet at times be utterly dreadful.

Plus points where the two Thomas's.

Good result considering we had 5 first team players out.

Caporegime
Unbelievably bad, Song lost the ball so much it was embarassing and Diaby like at the weekend spent so much time passing backwards it was a joke. I have on clue why we spend the entire game switching positions, its not a tactic if you do it so often no one can get used to and improve in a single role.

Ridiculous second goal scored by us, shouldn't have been allowed, should probably have been one of many yellows Song should have gotten.

But the worst thing is the suffering form of Clichy, Gallas, Eboue, Fabregas, Bendtner etc, etc over the past few games.

They all seem to just not be as professional, they don't seem to be enjoying the ridiculous formation with massive holes and constantly changing players positions. Fabregas two major strengths are playing that killer ball in behind and controlling the midfield, which is impossible to do with one upfront so few runs if any to pass to in behind and the central midfield is massively overcrowded with 3 players all stuck in there and Diaby drifting in so frequently and dragging all those extra midfielders/defenders in that area aswell, gives Fabregas no space/time to do his thing and no one to pass too.

I think the players seem to just be at that stage where they already know, even after they improved last season they were thoroughly and easily thrashed by every half decent team at the end, they've been beaten by every half decent team this year now and only beaten two teams who are both possibly in the relegation fight this year.

AS with the league, we're struggling with not even good teams, and the team are playing like they know theres no point, they are playing like they don't care because they know they'll get thrashed at some stage and aren't in any title/cup hunt.

Associate
3 points, but when are we ever going to keep a clean sheet?
Our defence is not going to get us into the top 4 let alone have a chance to win the PL.

Back
Top Bottom