Midweek Football Thread

Caporegime
LOL @ Liverpool, lucky they got away with a draw from what i saw of the match in between watching the Arsenal game...they have a little lifeline there but i think they are out anyways...cant see them going through barring a miracle.

Anyhow another awesome Arsenal display although we had a blip and conceded a goal but tbf we should have had a penalty before that goal...how the ref didnt see that handball is beyond me but meh the main thing is we thrashed them 4-1...would have been nice if we kept a clean sheet.
I had to rewind my sky hd to make sure that Diaby actually scored:eek::p...about time he had a decent outing for Arsenal but come the weekend he will be back to being utterly useless.
Fabulous Fab with a brace, alwasy seems to pull something out of the bag for us...looks like the captaincy given to him has made him a different player altogether...Arshaving i thought worked his little arse off...unluckily he didnt get any goals but he definitely made things happen whilst he was on.
Absolutely loved Eduardos cheeky backheel that led to our 4th goal and pleased as punch with Nasri getting a nice goal there too...decent little dribbler of the ball...shredded the 2 defenders then slotted it in.

So more or less we are in the next round which im pleased with...all in all a pretty awesome Arsenal performance barring the late goal.

Barca was a bit surprising that they drew..pesky russians lol...but im pretty sure Barca will qualify for the next round.

Soldato
I dunno, Fiorentina could easily beat Lyon at home, in fact if I had to predict a winner it'd be Fiorentina. Liverpool in trouble.

Arsenal however, wow

Soldato
The thing is with Benitez is that he is a great coach, not so much a manger. He did really god with Valenical in the spanish premier league, and when he came to Liverpool, he won the CL with basically Houliers team. Apart from Reina, Alonso and Benayoun, he really has made some bad buys.

Caporegime
So Liverpool now need Fiorentina to lose a game otherwise they can't qualify unless they win both of their games? Good interview at the end of the match from Fabregas. For a young man he's really articulate and he knows just what to say. It wasn't just generic responses or cliches either, he spoke sense. :)

Good lad!

Soldato
heheheh pool :D

Would love to see them not qualify, a team based soley on 2 people being shown for what it is.

Also the commentators are so bloody stupid. Babel scores that freekick "Pool fans were wondering what all the fuss was about and here it is". Yeah well done he has scored one great goal compared to how crap he usually is, which is then show by his great freekick effort :D

bwhahaha

Soldato
The thing is with Benitez is that he is a great coach, not so much a manger. He did really god with Valenical in the spanish premier league, and when he came to Liverpool, he won the CL with basically Houliers team. Apart from Reina, Alonso and Benayoun, he really has made some bad buys.

Torres wasn't the worst buy ever

Soldato
So Liverpool now need Fiorentina to lose a game otherwise they can't qualify unless they win both of their games? Good interview at the end of the match from Fabregas. For a young man he's really articulate and he knows just what to say. It wasn't just generic responses or cliches either, he spoke sense. :)

Good lad!

The thing that strikes me about him is how modest and sensible he is, he's matured into a smart guy over the last few years

Associate

Alonso, Reina, Torres, Masc? I don't understand his thinking behind half the things he does. Babel won't start our next game even though he's scored a worldy just then. He's needs world class players to play in a world class league and we don't have enough of them.

Soldato
Torres wasn't the worst buy ever

No he wasn't without a doubt. But he went there because of Benitez reputation in Spain, and maybe the spanish contingent that was already there. Without doubt he is one of the best strikers in the world, but even he couldn't influence tonights game against Lyon.

Associate
LOL @ Liverpool, lucky they got away with a draw from what i saw of the match in between watching the Arsenal game....

Did you manage to switch onto the wrong channel by any chance, Liverpool dominated that game but had no attacking flair, easily could have been 3-0 in the first half.

Soldato
It does look rough in Liverpool tongiht, and the reason I am being so harsh is because I've had a soft spot for them ever since Michael Thomas. Well, let just say that both the football supporters, and the football media suffer from storm in a teacup syndrome. There is no way Benitez should get the sack. But No doubt he will if Liverpool either a)lose the next two games in the premier league, or b)fail to qualify for the last 16 in the CL. I don't agree with it, and in fact you may not be able to afford it. But he should be given this season to prove himself. Arsenal fans have never called for Arsene Wengers head as the Liverpool supporters have with Benitez.

Back
Top Bottom