MIG-29 OVT - My favourite jet fighter. What's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Skii said:
Mickey - thats the legendary Avro Arrow

nice choice :)

Yeah, and the world's greatest government ****-up. That plane was SO far ahead of its time. And the stupid govt of my home country yanks the funding out from under it right as it hits its prime... :mad:

Soldato
Mickey_D said:
Yeah, and the world's greatest government ****-up. That plane was SO far ahead of its time. And the stupid govt of my home country yanks the funding out from under it right as it hits its prime... :mad:

Yep - just like the TSR-2 :(

Soldato
Skii said:
Yep - just like the TSR-2 :(

Yeah, but at least you folks have one or two around to look at. The stupid Canadian govt destroyed ALL of the prototypes and the blueprints so they could never be made again!! :mad:

Grrr, and to think I was proud to be a member of thier Air Force.....

Soldato
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the jet that does it for me:

The Tin Triangle

vulcan1.jpg

Another Pic

Isn't she beautiful?

Caporegime
William said:
But its got Clint in it, who would make even the most masculine and homophobic of men paint the inside of their trousers white with glee at the sight of his slitted eyes and stubble.

It may well have but dunno i just cant get excited or orgasmic over a old dude :p

Another fave plane of mine i forgot to mention is the F/A-18, another awesome plane from the F series of fighters. I remember as a young kid seeing a few of them flying over my house in Canada...truly awesome machines.

If im not mistaken i think Canada still has quite a few of them unless they replaced them with something else.

Associate
Skii said:
How many pages and no TSR-2? People I'm dissapointed :(

Believe me, if this was just 'your favourite jet' I would have mentioned it, in fact, I was thinking of my favourites, but a lot of them had to fall by the wayside because it was your favourite fighter jet.

I wanted to mention the TSR-2, The Valkyrie, the Vulcan, the Lancer but I couldn't :( :mad:

Soldato
Kaed said:
Believe me, if this was just 'your favourite jet' I would have mentioned it, in fact, I was thinking of my favourites, but a lot of them had to fall by the wayside because it was your favourite fighter jet.

I wanted to mention the TSR-2, The Valkyrie, the Vulcan, the Lancer but I couldn't :( :mad:

yeah very true, lots of bombers and what-might-have-beens in a fighter thread, but what the hell, I reckon the TSR-2 deserved a mention seeing as numerous other bombers had crept in there :o :D

Associate
OzZie said:
I like the MiG29 and Su33. Both awsomely fast aircraft and can match the F-15c Eagle (well just about ;))

Yep, Su33 was very impressive when I saw it launch off a carrier before the russians decided to tie them up until they rusted.

The Vulcan has to be my all time favourite jet though. Just thinking about it and the noise sends a shiver down my spine.

Soldato
Hawker Siddeley / MD Harrier
What can you say. Groundbreaking, versatile and still hard to replace after all these decades of service. Still a show stopper.

A-5 Vigilante
http://www.military.cz/usa/air/post_war/a5/a5carr.jpg
Just because I think it looks stunning :)

English Electric Lightning
An old favorite from a simpler time. No computers or gadgets - just stick some poor dude on top of a giant missile and launch!

F-16
Boring choice, but so versatile and a top all-rounder. There's also a squadron of them sitting just a few miles down the road from me :)

Dassault Rafale
http://frenchnavy.free.fr/aircraft/rafale/images/rafale-014.JPG
Another one I'm picking on looks if nothing else.

Soldato
Zip said:
Does anyone know if there are any Australian jet fighters or bombers?

No you only have air defense.

180px-Boomerang.jpg

The closest thing you had was somthing built by the UK in the 1950s for an Austrialian specification.

Comically, in the 40s you had a prop thing called the Boomerang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom