Militarism and London 2012 Olympics

Man of Honour
Without knowing for definite I'd hazard a guess that they'd simply be seconded rather than getting paid twice i.e. you lads are reporting to this company for the duration of the Olympics, you do what they tell you and you'll get your normal wages as normal (maybe plus overtime if that exists in the armed forces now?).

It works out cheaper overall than employing private security firms and there isn't an issue with getting enough security personnel that are trained to a sufficient degree if you're employing the armed forces to provide the cover - they're already trained above and beyond what is needed.

That does make more sense, and the private security firm that has been contracted to the Olympics minimises it's overheads - though ultimately we're still paying for it ;)

Caporegime
i was wondering how and when the totalitarian airport system would spill onto the streets, but this is bigtime crazy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...hilip-Hammond-confirms-military-presence.html

Typhoons, Surface-to-air missile systems and the SAS in boats on the Thames. :eek:

all this because of bearded guys in caves. somehow i dont think so. this is a show of strength by the bankers who run governments. if you dont pay more money into the pension scam and work for longer while we steal it, this is what your gonna get. if you dont hand over power to brussels and be ruled by unelected persons nobody has ever heard of, this is what your going to get. i believe the olympics is being used to build more police state infrastructure in london for when the economy falls. if you think all this is just going to disappear when that final race is won, then i think your a really nice guy and good for you.

i just dont understand how people can buy into this "its to keep you safe and not make you worried about bearded men" YEAH! i wont be paranoid when i see jetfighters patroling the airspace while Special Forces man surface to air missile systems like its the middle east.

it says sumthing when a protestant who supports the union is glad that the brits are out of northern ireland.

If you don't learn to spell, capitalise and punctuate properly, then my foot up your ass is what you're going to get.

Caporegime
YEAH! i wont be paranoid when i see jetfighters patroling the airspace while Special Forces man surface to air missile systems like its the middle east.

why would you be paranoid bout surface to air missiles re you planning on flying plane over the opening ceremony?

Associate
Has anyone read Rainbow Six?
There was a pretty realistic attempt by terrorist people to attack the Sydney games.
Haven't read it in a while but yeah, whatever.

Its not a bad thing when it comes to protecting our citizens. I support the idea, even if it costs a ***** load.

Caporegime
It's all security theatre anyway, however it is cheaper than all the money ****ed away on private security firms.
This, much cheaper than private firms. Just think, could have been much worse. They could have hired the american outfit Blackwater. Theyre methods of crowd control would certainly go down a treat. More dangerous than any bearded terrorist.:D

Soldato
Ocean will be there for helicopters, would also probably be on station for medical events, since its a helicopter carrier, can do medivac to it in the event of a major event.

Bulwark is an amphib-ship ship and as such since the games are on the Thames in the event of a problem would be able to deploy fairly quickly.

I would imagine the Typhoons will be doing CAP during the major events, with AWAC support, however the issue is if there is a hostile aircraft do they shoot it down over London or let it continue to its target, that will be the toughest decision to make.

On a side note, would you rather during this high profile times you would not want the police/armed services to not have increased flexibility in protecting our population, tourists, buildings? A few weeks on inconvience is nothing to the years of damage that would be caused by a successful terrorist attack on the population.

Kimbie

Associate
OP
For a very small example , if I lent you £100 and said pay me back £110 in a month, that extra £10 debt has just come from nowhere? Surely when a bank lends you £xx,xxxx and asks for more back it's the same thing?

On a global scale would that mean there is more debt than money to repay it?

I am probably horribly wrong which is why I put a question mark.

nope your not wrong at all. its called Fractional Reserve Banking. the banks put governments into a black hole of debt they cant get out of then they implode the economy and buy all infrastructur for pennys on the pound. tax goes up to pay an unpayable debt. the middle class and poor get squashed and the wealth gets transfered to the rich. its called the business cycle. a person with 10k in the bank today will probably have it in another 6months and think everything is fine. reality is that the 10k wont buy you as much as it would have 6months eairler and is going to keep getting worse. the dollar, euro and pound is being destroyed like all fiat currencys have been before.

Fractional Reserve Banking Presentation, watch the 5 parts it aint that long, see how it works > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyDU4X8GSmE&feature=channel_video_title

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and i care not who makes its laws" - Mayer Anselm Rothschild

Last edited:
Soldato
That does make more sense, and the private security firm that has been contracted to the Olympics minimises it's overheads - though ultimately we're still paying for it ;)
The soldiers won't be being seconded but much more like being contracted out. I'd be interested whether the shortfall is in the expense agreed with the contractor, or as I understood it a shortfall in the numbers G4S (I think it's G4S who got the cotnract, but I can't remember for sure) can provide, which would mean it was actually a saving.

The government has £x amount they've agreed with G4S to provide the security for the games, they have a shortfall of staff or even subcontractors to cover it so are subcontracting some of the work back to the government in the form of the military. Obviously this will only cover those performing general security roles, under the instruction of the security contractor. Things like aircraft etc will have been part of the plan all along.

Associate
OP
Nigel Farage of the UK Independence Party giving it like a BOSS in the EU Parliment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb-MWoZKYmg&feature=channel_video_title

75% of the laws now used in the UK are from the EU parliment. most of the EU Parliment are unelected unknown madmen. the UK military are fighting bearded men in caves thinking its for FREEDOM. the Jarheads need to wake up and realise that their familys back home are ruled and being robbed by an EU banking cartel thats destroying Soveriegncy and Democracy and that the only thing the military is doing is helping setup infrastructure in the middle east so they can steal all the oil. this OTT presence at the olympics is to line pockets and keep people in fear of bearded men so they can keep doing what they are doing :D yayyyyy good times!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Financial Times

"The managing director of the International Monetary Fund has warned that the global economy faces the prospect of “economic retraction, rising protectionism, isolation and . . . what happened in the 30s [Depression]”, as European tensions again flared over suggestions in Paris that the UK’s credit rating should be downgraded before France’s."

you need to signup to finincial times website (its free) to see some articles but heres link for anybody intrested >> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/169f1364-2746-11e1-864f-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1gcssvqq4

we are already in a depression and whats coming is going to be far worse than the 30s because of the amount of credit cards around these days. if you dont think this is economic warfare can you tell me what you think it is please.

Last edited:
Soldato
the Jarheads need to wake up and realise that their familys back home are ruled and being robbed by an EU banking cartel thats destroying Soveriegncy and Democracy and that the only thing the military is doing is helping setup infrastructure in the middle east so they can steal all the oil.

Really? How many US Marines do you reckon we have fighting for Queen and Country?

Back
Top Bottom