Military coup in Turkey?

Man of Honour
I'm starting to wonder how long it will be until the Kurds realise the West is willing to watch them go extinct because Turkey is just too useful as NATO partner, the moment a Kurd takes action against the West is the moment Erdogan can burn their culture to bits.

It's likely his aim anyway, just stoke it enough and it'll spread.

I think you'll find that some of the Kurds are incredibly well aligned and defended by the US. Turkey would not be allowed to do that, they might try, but they would be stopped in the end.

Soldato
Yes, it is unfortunate, that we dictate who we support one what they can provide us here and now, rather than what might stabilise a culture over the course of 200 years.
Similar with elections and parliaments, they are all in it for the short term, with no 30 year plan.

Time for me to be dictator. Give me 30 years and you'll thank me, after you've executed me...

Caporegime
I think you'll find that some of the Kurds are incredibly well aligned and defended by the US. Turkey would not be allowed to do that, they might try, but they would be stopped in the end.

So were the many such groups in the past, the Kurds are a little different, but essentially the US will throw them under the bus just like the Mujahideen, several South American groups (Guatemala, Nicaragua, Cuba, Brazil, Chile, Bolivia etc etc) many of whom were apart of violent rebellion in overthrow of democracies (essentially forgot about when Clinton was elected and had to apologise for such aggression). Once ISIS is dealt with, they have no further value.

Soldato
So were the many such groups in the past, the Kurds are a little different, but essentially the US will throw them under the bus just like the Mujahideen, several South American groups (Guatemala, Nicaragua, Cuba, Brazil, Chile, Bolivia etc etc) many of whom were apart of violent rebellion in overthrow of democracies (essentially forgot about when Clinton was elected and had to apologise for such aggression). Once ISIS is dealt with, they have no further value.

Eh? A large, US aligned, group of people that occupy a huge area of the middle east will suddenly become of no value to the US? Hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom