Military coup in Turkey?

Soldato
Jesus... they do have some firepower...(Ranked as 8 of 126) Who supplies most of their hardware?

What is the point though, what do they actually DO?

The issue with Turkey is its location. Its been typically the staging post of Islamic conquest. It is the gateway to some **** holes.

Turkey has its air force supplied by the US along with radar equipment. It would surprise me if Turkey had an amalgamation of different countries weapons.

Their fire power may be one thing but their capability is another. North Korea would probably have the biggest navy in the world for example but most are just rubber dinghy's with spud guns attached and the only thing like hurt anyone is the oar the blokes are using row with being used as a weapon.

Will never go Turkey in my life.

Man of Honour
Jesus... they do have some firepower...(Ranked as 8 of 126) Who supplies most of their hardware?

What is the point though, what do they actually DO?

Mix of suppliers a lot of it US but they have a rapidly developing domestic military R&D and manufacturing industry. Strategic weapons aside they'd give Russia a run for the money IIRC.

Associate
The issue with Turkey is its location. Its been typically the staging post of Islamic conquest. It is the gateway to some **** holes.

Turkey has its air force supplied by the US along with radar equipment. It would surprise me if Turkey had an amalgamation of different countries weapons.

Their fire power may be one thing but their capability is another. North Korea would probably have the biggest navy in the world for example but most are just rubber dinghy's with spud guns attached and the only thing like hurt anyone is the oar the blokes are using row with being used as a weapon.

Will never go Turkey in my life.

Don't forget the convenience of the Bosporus Strait keeping the Russian Black Sea fleet bottled up.

Caporegime
their best chance of a coup got blown - he's now had a massive purge, don't see them being able to pull off any form of swift removal now...

Soldato
Yep, Erdo swung it (51.3%). A lot of expats were being nudged towards this strongman, and he played the coup to his advantage. The main map looked like the core Turkey vs the Kurds and the provinces. Shame. :(

Soldato
Quite a twist from 75 million Turks - HIDE YER WOMINZ AND CHILDRENS!!!1010101!!! Something, something, GOAT MOLESTATION!

to

Theresa May agrees £100m fighter jet deal with Turkey's Erdogan. :D Now they are an important economy in a strategic position again; back in Bo's good books too.

What form! Making peace one ordnance sale at a time!

Don
I would imagine if he wasn't a dictator we would have been a lot less likely to have actually sold to him. Nothing like repeat sales of weapons to countries that are happy to use them, even if it turns out it's against civilians!

Back
Top Bottom