Milo/UC Berkley protestors stop 'hate speech' by using violence and hate...

Caporegime
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38837142

Maajid Nawaz sums it up pretty well:

https://www.facebook.com/LBC/videos/10154722077296558/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I don't understand the motivation of some of these people - they're supposed to be standing up for the 'oppressed' and fighting 'hate speech' yet this individual was happy to assault a woman with mace

and of course beat other random people:

*swearing*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0KilFqrJQ

I don't get it, sure Milo is a bit annoying and can be a troll at times but these reactions are just so over the top - he and his supporters/followers really are seen as a threat by the SJW types to the point where they're now reacting violently to try and stop him from even giving a speech.

Caporegime
OP
pretty sure you can't say SJW on this forum

it isn't an insult nor aimed at anyone here?* Plenty of people who oppose Milo (especially those who would protest him) are self proclaimed 'social justice warriors'

not that I support him myself mind, my views are more in line with those of Maajid Nawaz's who seems pretty frustrated with both the 'Alt right' and the 'Ctrl Left'

*edit - have posted a question in forum content discussion aimed at this thread so I guess we'll find out

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
they're hardly liberals, the West Coast of the US has a regular 'black bloc' rent a mob group more like the far left idiots we get in the UK/Europe - they don't tend to like liberals much either

Caporegime
OP
[FnG]magnolia;30465113 said:
At least one of these words doesn't mean what you think it means.

I don't condone violence but I dislike Milo as a person and as a proponent of far right ideology.

I'm not much of a Milo fan but I'd say that you classifying him as 'far right' is equally as wrong as Maddog classifying antifa/black bloc protestors as 'liberals'.

Caporegime
OP
The tolerant ones probably are very tolerant.
Smugly saying the same rhetoric doesn't change anything. Time for action, they are getting media time and publicity.

So is Milo though, he's getting plenty of coverage - interviews on Fox News... he was going to address a few hundred students and now he gets more airtime to address millions

Caporegime
OP
And that's the point. Are they actually campaigners or just an anarchist mob looking to have some fun.

The article I read earlier suggested the violent "protestors" gatecrashed a peaceful protest, and may well have not been a part of the university.

I think they're genuine - they just have different (further to the left) politics and believe in direct action, I'd suspect rather a lot of protestors there (both the black bloc and others) were not part of the university.

Caporegime
OP
I'm talking about the event that occurred yesterday (i.e. the topic of the thread). Milo has been on this campus tour since before the election and would presumably still be speaking on campuses regardless of the result.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I'm not even sure what your point is - no one is 'putting those peacefully protesting and those committing violence in same ballpark' ?

Caporegime
OP
You used the favourite OCUK buzzword (and the internet in general) 'SJW' in relation to the violence, do you have a short memory?

Oh that is what you're objecting to, why didn't you just say?

So, to clarify, I'm not under the impression - nor am I trying to give the impression that all SJW types are reacting violently. Perhaps I should have inserted the word 'some' into my OP.

Caporegime
OP
Unfortunately, these protests turned violent a while back. Only two weeks ago, a Milo supporter shot a protester at a rally.

tis interesting to see the bias in publications like the guardian and daily fail - always worth googling a story to read multiple sources - The guardian mentions the charges not being pursued but doesn't allude to the reason, googling it reveals that the shooter was attacked by protestors and initially tried to get away from the guy he ended up shooting

not that that would be acceptable by UK standards but in the US it seems to be legitimate self defence thus no charges

Caporegime
OP
I'm not sure it is even their choice to make but

Man who was shot in the stomach while protesting at a Seattle speech by rightwing provocateur wants ‘dialogue and a restorative justice’ instead

does make a nice tagline for a Guardian article.

Caporegime
OP
That link supports Tefal's statement (not that I know for sure it is correct, but the link just posted doesn't contradict it)

Caporegime
OP
And back to reality, just listen to the vile hatred spewed by this Nazi woman, the assault on her is totally deserved... (well in the mind of herp derp at least)

Caporegime
OP
Anything substantial? I'm not sure criticising an ideology makes you a facist? I think he's pretty open about being gay too.

Caporegime
OP
It's all out there, not one thing makes your a fascist. All the above I mentioned combined at the very least makes you a fascist sympathiser.

How? You're not making any sense, he's criticised Islam so he's fascist? AFAIK the guy is a libertarian who has been quite rude in his criticisms of feminism, Islam and priveledge/identity politics - all that combined doesn't seem to make someone a facist. He's rude and offensive sure but you're just using facist as a throwaway term here and have provided no good argument for it.

Caporegime
OP
When he's sucking up to right wingers who despise jews yes it is too much.

You should think about it.

How is he doing that? Trump is a big Israeli supporter AFAIK, the college events Milo speaks at are organised by student Republican groups. You seem to have made a circular argument in labelling him a facist then concluding that people watching him are facist and therefore hate jews(despite going to an event hosted by a gay person with Jewish heritage who is quite open about his relationships with black men).

I think what you'll actually find is that right wing racist types don't like Milo very much

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Fair enough. But does he not speak the truth?

Sometimes, he also cherry picks facts to support his politics and generally tries to be as offensive as possible. He's a bit of a dick but he's not a facist or a white nationalist.

Back
Top Bottom