US: Mindhunter (Netflix)

Soldato

Anybody else watched some of this? Think it was released last night, I watched an episode earlier this morning, very very good. It's like True Detective or something except with a broader view.

Definitely advise people to have a watch, you won't be disappointed.

Associate
3 in, really interesting, the extremely matter of fact discussions between the Co-Ed killer and the FBI blew my mind, total opposite of your stereotypical movie FBI / Hannibal Lector interview.

Associate
Just up to Jerry Brudos, he's a rather delightful human being !

Awesome series , not sure I like the binge watch in general as I just tear through them and this is well worth waiting for.

Soldato
Just finished this and really enjoyed it, granted it's not a action show by any means if you go in hoping for that you'll be disappointed, The actor who played Ed Kemper really hit's it, if you watch his interviews on youtube it's a spitting image almost.

One thing that got annoying after a while was watching this in Dolby Vision it sempt overly bright in some areas.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Very good show, nice, slow burner, the closest they could get to nordic cold criminal drama without loosing it's yankee identity. My only small, tiny frown is that we seem to have lost ability to execute seventies and eighties period dramas. Simply chucking few old cars and props and grading it green secam doesn't make it decade accurate. Seventies are so easy to replicate, flare cut suits with external pockets like potato bags, hairdos like George Best's England team, stashes like Burt Reynolds.

Associate
Finished this also ... Thought the show was quite good. bit different then I thought but better in some ways - interesting how they showed how society functioned back then (and it wasnt too long ago).

Back
Top Bottom