• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mistake? 10900K over 5950/5900/5800?

Soldato
OP
Thank you all and especially Haka for your constructive comment and I am on the phone to OCUK right now to try and get the KF version for £150 less.
Thanks for the tip once again!

Soldato
Thank you all and especially Haka for your constructive comment and I am on the phone to OCUK right now to try and get the KF version for £150 less.
Thanks for the tip once again!
I wouldnt go down the KF route myself. having an iGPU is highly useful. should your GPU pack up or some bug comes up that is plaguing your system. you can always test it out with the iGPU on the K part. also having the iGPU means you can still use th PC while waiting for a replacement GPU. it is like an insurance. but it is not worth £150.

I would suggest you look at the 10850K or the 10700K part if you insist on intel platform

Soldato
I wouldnt go down the KF route myself. having an iGPU is highly useful. should your GPU pack up or some bug comes up that is plaguing your system. you can always test it out with the iGPU on the K part. also having the iGPU means you can still use th PC while waiting for a replacement GPU. it is like an insurance. but it is not worth £150.

I would suggest you look at the 10850K or the 10700K part if you insist on intel platform
OR just have a cheap gpu as a back up, i had a 1060 for this purpose lol.

Soldato
Sorry dont follow you pcguy... you are saying it is or isnt good to go down the KF route?
I am saying dont go with KF. go with the K part. but get the 10850k or 10700k.

this is your gaming and main rig, if something happens, you still want it to run it. so thats where the iGPU on the CPU is useful should the GPU fail.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ukz8WUdW4 (HU use intel boards that pumps loads of juice to the intel CPU so it is effectively heavily OCed intel vs stocl AMD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZBIeM2zE-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdf_D9Ho3Zc Kitguru 5800x review.

Thanks, I hadn’t seen those ones. I’d still say there are some titles where AMD is better (sometimes a lot better) and others where Intel wins, it’s not comprehensive one way or the other.

Soldato
OP
Ah gotcha pc-guy sorry I read your post wrong. My fault.

Tbh, I want to go with the 10900K
OCUK have the 10850 in stock @ £500 so similar price to the KF.

And the 10900 has performance advantage against the 10700 by some 5-10fps which Im willing to pay for.

Man of Honour
as said go read last two pages of the cpu forum on here. scroll down. then look for amd issues. its not made up. its written by forum members having issues. memory choice is a MASSIVE thing with AMD cpus. has been for years. not just performance wise but to even start up or work. i dont see how people can even say that with a straight face and make out memory isnt a big deal with amd cpus. you know it is. yet people will still deny this.

Note you still talking waffle when I gave absolute non conjecture numbers above. Please dude stop talking rubbish. Numbers of posts on an enthusiast forum does not mean the product is flawed - It's your "non biased" opinion, and it is opinion, that is flawed.

I literally have Nanya A-Die (Chinese import memory) with RGB that cost £30 for 2x8gb sticks on the wifes Zen machine. Guess what its 3200 and is running overclocked at 3600. I guess memory isn't as important as perhaps it was on earlier Zen chips. Opinion does not equate to actual facts.

Go look at my Whurple Project if you don't believe me, in fact here have a picture:

Soldato
OP
Vince/Dg perhaps take it to a direct conversation :) ?

Switched from 10900K to KF. Saved £150 notes. Can go towards another m.2 drive later :)

Thank you all for your insights. Happy for the healthy discussions.

Man of Honour
Vince/Dg perhaps take it to a direct conversation :) ?

Switched from 10900K to KF. Saved £150 notes. Can go towards another m.2 drive later :)

Thank you all for your insights. Happy for the healthy discussions.

Thats a good deal on a decent CPU :) As I said if it suits the needs its right for you :)

Back
Top Bottom