Mister FPGA

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
The n64 core is amazing, you do really need a crt tv to enjoy it properly though i feel, while i havent tried the n64 core over hdmi yet, it looks pretty bad on a lot of games even on my CRT diamontron monitor, same goes for ps1 and saturn for the 3d games.

Soldato
OP
So I've just installed from fresh with Mr Fusion 2.9 and 'update' doesn't download any cores/roms that I can see. I thought the latest Mr Fusion builds included the 'downloader' as detailed below?

Do I still need the update all script, at least initially?
it will download the arcade roms, anything else you have to source yourself.

Soldato
OP
Yep I got that. Its just that you mentioned the downloader which took over from update_all which I wasn't sure about. I've used update_all now but thought that was redundant.
i use downloader, but i think i always do update all first when first setting up too.

Ive got my third de10-nano just turn up so i can put one back in my arcade cabinet :)

Soldato
OP
The N64 core now has 100% compatibility for the US romset - everything works to a certain extent now, pretty amazing how quickly Robert has done this.

would be amazing if you could get an upscaler in the core, im thinking of buying the retrotink 4k if i can get my hands on one when they launch in a couple of days.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Impressive if it can do n64 at full speed.
it can do better than that, theres a turbo core which boosts FPS on games that struggled. Theres two games that are not fully playable or have some issues, Conkers bad fur day and something else which escapes me, playable but with issues. Its a really impressive core - i use it at 240p/120hz on my diamontron monitor and it looks glorious.

Soldato
OP
I tried Mario 64 with my usual 8bit do pad and couldn't run forward for some reason. Anyone else tried it yet?
yes it works fine. You might have to remap controls in the core if you havent done it before. I use the N64 switch controller with mine and it works a treat. (xbox and 8bit do controllers also work fine for me)

Back
Top Bottom