Miyoo Mini V2

Soldato
Nearly got mine setup how I want it. All the console machines work. The Experimental ones still cant seem to get to work. (For CD32 use the one in Console, set the CPU to -600 and it seems to run them better) Added all the Ports they all now work, (Doom, Quake etc) All the images are downloaded for all the games that have them so when you view a game you get the box art, cartridge (if it had one) and screenshot. Plus I found a load of apps that have been written. The instructions/description are in chinese but you can still use and translate it. The instructions are easy you just unrar the archive and copy the folder within to the App folder. Some interesting ones in there such as motor test, nannoid (free version of Arkanoid), bfruit (colourful slot machine). One that is interesting is CPU Freq. It lets you change the CPU clock so you have 4 modes. Performance (1200mhz) OnDemand (auto clocking up/down this is the default) Userspace (not sure) Powersave (400mhz). Last but not least sm64_port but I will let you find out what this one is ;)

https://github.com/steward-fu/miyoo-mini/releases/tag/stock

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, I was able to run Pico-8 games in my Miyoo (its not hard lol) but I was wondering if its possible to Save state in Pico-8 like in the others (hold Home+R2). Seems like autosave doesnt work either.
Besides that you should try Pico-8 games, some of them are extremly well made.

Soldato
Hey guys, I was able to run Pico-8 games in my Miyoo (its not hard lol) but I was wondering if its possible to Save state in Pico-8 like in the others (hold Home+R2). Seems like autosave doesnt work either.
Besides that you should try Pico-8 games, some of them are extremly well made.
Not my cup of tea. Finally got Bruce Lee working on the CBM 64, I`m in heaven.

My boot screen

Co2SYd4.png

my battery charging screen

CMtsOzp.gif

Associate
I feel like I need one of these in my life but it also feels more like an impulse buy! Looks like it's out of stock for the time being anyway.

Soldato
I feel like I need one of these in my life but it also feels more like an impulse buy! Looks like it's out of stock for the time being anyway.

Has the Miyoo store closed on Aliexpress? Can't find any poducts on their page.

Edit - looks like it's just a stock issue.

Store have allegedly said Mid-August for next stock but I expect it will sell out very quickly as demand for the Mini is massive.

My 2nd one came the other day I got it off Ebay, slightly pricey but no where near the £250 some people want. Got the new speaker installed on both which sounds great. I've nearly got everything added thats available out there including the SM64 port that runs at 60fps. Someone has leaked it to stop the idiots who are charging £50+ just for the SD Card with it on. Currently trying to get the Win3x (Dosbox Pure) running just having trouble getting the mouse to work but the Windows 3.1 gui is up and running. Its so weird seeing Windows of old running on the Mini.

Also the OnionUI devs have kept hinting that there is a massive Onion OS update due out soon possibly in next few weeks. Mainly due to how it installs but sounds like there is a lot extra going into it included a search facility.

Soldato
Its best to get them from the official store on Aliexpress but they sell out quick. They are coming in stock in batches of 100/150 then they are gone. Its like buying a 3xxx FE all over again during Covid.

I've moved on since the Mini I sold it and bought a RG351V which I prefer and just pre-ordered a RG353V

Soldato
I've moved on since the Mini I sold it and bought a RG351V which I prefer and just pre-ordered a RG353V
Was just watching Retro Game Corps' review on that.

Looks good, but I'm sticking with my 351p until something in that price range that can handle PS2 etc. Unless I feel flush with cash and go the whole hog and get a windows handheld.

Think I prefer the horizontal setup too. My hands are much bigger than in my Gameboy owning days :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Was just watching Retro Game Corps' review on that.

Looks good, but I'm sticking with my 351p until something in that price range that can handle PS2 etc. Unless I feel flush with cash and go the whole hog and get a windows handheld.

Think I prefer the horizontal setup too. My hands are much bigger than in my Gameboy owning days :D

Not sure whether I like horizontal. Chances are when something comes along under £100 that does PS2 or even PS3 then the RG353VS will get moved onto the kids. Thats where the 351V is headed when the 353 comes ! :)

Associate
Has anyone tried the HTC/ZTE version for the speaker upgrade, i know most use the Redmi Note speaker (including me). I've just got a few delivered so will try switching out the Redmi for the HTC when i get time, and report back. Apparently it does not distort at high volume and sounds better all round.

Back
Top Bottom