Models with no make up on

Soldato

My point was the kind of image that is portrayed to our children is toxic. The image that these women, when they're plastered in makeup, with specific lighting and altered with photo-editing software is 'normal' whereas in fact they are no more attractive. Or rather, they're just as normal.

If you want to talk about the photos being dodgy, I don't know. You look at the same person under normal light, and the halogen light of a shop like Boots, for example and while in the normal light, they might seem to have relatively few blemishes, under the halogen light, you'll see many.

It's all about perspectives. Models are designed and made to look 'perfect', but are sold as normal which is immoral.

Caporegime
So, we're mocking cheets' looks to make a point that he can't pull supermodels, when most of us probably don't look much better and also can't pull supermodels? Is that about right?

Caporegime
So, we're mocking cheets' looks to make a point that he can't pull supermodels, when most of us probably don't look much better and also can't pull supermodels? Is that about right?

Most of us can appreciate the beauty of those girls though. Cheets seems to think they are all munters, which would either point to him being an adonis who has only ever gone out with the most beautiful women in the world, or someone who needs a reality check on what a 'normal' woman looks like without make up e.t.c

Soldato
Most of us can appreciate the beauty of those girls though. Cheets seems to think they are all munters, which would either point to him being an adonis who has only ever gone out with the most beautiful women in the world, or someone who needs a reality check on what a 'normal' woman looks like without make up e.t.c

Or maybe he doesn't find them attractive?

Just a thought.

Caporegime
Or maybe he doesn't find them attractive?

Just a thought.

Cheets: "Because these are super models, they have no natural beauty, yet women think they need to aspire to look like celebs/models! "

??

I see lots of natural beauty in many of those women.

Soldato
Cheets: "Because these are super models, they have no natural beauty, yet women think they need to aspire to look like celebs/models! "

??

I see lots of natural beauty in many of those women.

Surely it depends on your definition of beauty, which is most definitely subjective. His sweeping statement would have been based on his own views, just as yours is based on your own view. Just as my view, that they all very average, is based on my own opinions/feelings.

"Natural Beauty" is a myth.

Caporegime
Surely it depends on your definition of beauty, which is most definitely subjective. His sweeping statement would have been based on his own views, just as yours is based on your own view. Just as my view, that they all very average, is based on my own opinions/feelings.

"Natural Beauty" is a myth.

Yes ofcourse it is.

I just think anyone critical of what those girls look like in those pictures is either a bit immature or hasnt spent time in a relationship and woken up with someone who has bags under their eyes, their hair scraped back and no make up.

I just look at those pictures and think they look like normal,attractive ( some more than others) women.

By some of the reactions in these thread, it sounds like it is a picture spread of a load of monsters :rolleyes:

The very fact that you think "they are all very average" just makes you sound like you have no real experience of being in a relationship with a woman ( which i am sure is not the case)

Soldato
Yes ofcourse it is.

I just think anyone critical of what those girls look like in those pictures is either a bit immature or hasnt spent time in a relationship and woken up with someone who has bags under their eyes, their hair scraped back and no make up.

I just look at those pictures and think they look like normal,attractive ( some more than others) women.

By some of the reactions in these thread, it sounds like it is a picture spread of a load of monsters :rolleyes:

The very fact that you think "they are all very average" just makes you sound like you have no real experience of being in a relationship with a woman ( which i am sure is not the case)

Well, of course, many people's criticisms of the women are outrageous. But you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who hasn't at one time said something outrageous about someone else' appearance.

My statement about them being very average was to highlight my point about personal opinion. I find them average in attractiveness (according to what I find attractive in women) while you find many of them to be more than that. Both are fine, because we just have differing views.

It can be hard sometimes to distinguish between when someone is saying "X person is universally unattractive", "I don't find X person attractive" or "I find person X attractive."

To be fair, I'm not sure why we're arguing. :p

Caporegime
Well, of course, many people's criticisms of the women are outrageous. But you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who hasn't at one time said something outrageous about someone else' appearance.

My statement about them being very average was to highlight my point about personal opinion. I find them average in attractiveness (according to what I find attractive in women) while you find many of them to be more than that. Both are fine, because we just have differing views.

It can be hard sometimes to distinguish between when someone is saying "X person is universally unattractive", "I don't find X person attractive" or "I find person X attractive."

To be fair, I'm not sure why we're arguing. :p

me neither :p

My only real point is that some people in this thread seem to be overly harsh on their appearance, when really, the vast majority of those women look perfectly attractive and normal ( taking into account the awful lighting and skewed focus)

Man of Honour
Ahh, but that's the trick now, isn't it? A designer doesn't want to put a model up on the runway and have everyone looking at her. They want the shoppers to look at the clothing. It can be a walking mannequin -- which is what they are -- and that is what the shoppers notice.

It isn't until they have become successful that they actually become glamourous. And they become successful by NOT drawing attention to themselves. Be robotic, be a mannequin, be nobody.

No runway model has ever been the centre of attention until they have done their duty.

Interesting point, there is at least a kernel of truth there in that the primary job is to sell clothes and if the focal point is the model then that detracts attention from the clothes to an extent (the corollary is also true). However my point was that the people who tend to become known as supermodels have something that is a little bit unusual or distinctive about them, to be attractive enough to model clothes is comparatively common when measured against the numbers who become known above and beyond being a listing in a fashion agencies books.

Caporegime
Actually, only about 5 of those women in that photo are considered as "supermodels"

The term supermodel came about in the early 90's when the likes of Elle McPherson, Christy Turlington, Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss. Most famously made by one Linda Evangelista saying "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day". they were all also were loved and often used by the famous German Designer Karl Largerfeld.

Now days, any models who makes it to the catwalk is labelled as supermodel, the closest of any of these to be label as one would be Adrianna Lima, Alessandra Ambrossio, Miranda, Kerr, Heidi Klum (although she's older so "passed it"). Most of the girls on there we simply have no idea who they are.

/I can't believe I know that off my head!

Permabanned
Actually, only about 5 of those women in that photo are considered as "supermodels"

The term supermodel came about in the early 90's when the likes of Elle McPherson, Christy Turlington, Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss. Most famously made by one Linda Evangelista saying "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day". they were all also were loved and often used by the famous German Designer Karl Largerfeld.

Now days, any models who makes it to the catwalk is labelled as supermodel, the closest of any of these to be label as one would be Adrianna Lima, Alessandra Ambrossio, Miranda, Kerr, Heidi Klum (although she's older so "passed it"). Most of the girls on there we simply have no idea who they are.

/I can't believe I know that off my head![/quote]

Gay tbh. ;)

Just kidding.

Wait your location outs you. :p

Man of Honour

/I can't believe I know that off my head!

If it's any help I can believe you know that. :p

I wasn't saying that all the girls in that picture were supermodels but that of the names that just trip off the tongue as supermodels there tends to be something a bit unusual about them, something that makes them a bit distinctive and keeps them from merely being homogeneously beautiful/attractive.

Permabanned
OP

If you mean some pasty skinny geeks posting my pic from a sub forum that couldn't lift 10kgs then yeah, mocking!

Like I said, these women are nothing special, you would walk passed them in the street, even if you camera experts that seem to know so much took them with different lenses they would still look the same, its like when you see famous women with no make up on!

c8xnS.jpg
bTRdw.jpg

I am sure its the lens size, right guys?

Back
Top Bottom