Modifying OcUK

Soldato
No idea about images. Download vBulletin yourself and see what images that has?

Fixed my Opera post for you. ;)

Nice one, i'll amend my post also. In regard to images i'll not worry, i think i have it covered where necessary and also the other coders did the main ones already, credit to them for the nice work.

I'd definitely be very interested in this! Providing that it's all OK with the Dons and complies with the rules of course :)

We'll have to wait to see if it's in demand and if they don't mind, though in reality you could code it yourself and they'd be none the wiser.

All you're basically doing in the code is saying when "image1.jpg" is found switch for "myimage1.jpg" and so on..... That's an example of course....

Kudos to you!

Fantastic work. :D
Thanx... ;)

NOTES: I've coloured the edit and reply boxes now to, can't go too dark due to the way the bold, underline (etc...) buttons are designed. I'm not sitting there replacing all those to, unless i get realy bored.

The current version (updated since i posted code) is available here, i'll leave the original code posted here along with an updated link to the current one.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This is great, have applied to my work Firefox and rdpd it to my home one so can't wait to see what it looks like in Firefox Aero !

Soldato
Top Man I have been following this for ages, and now its looking superb suits my desktop theme down to the ground :)

Top work t31os

Soldato
If anyone wants to make any changes or finds any bugs please post them and i'll post the code here openly for people to use as they choose.

I think anyone smart enough to install it will manage anyhow, but the offer is there if need be.... ;)

Soldato
I like the red accents but prefer the black avatar with grey post area setup of the "original".D

i agree. i think the new mod is just a little too dark. :p

here's my modded version (thanks t31os for all the other fixes though)

e9fc277345cf68db0e6d4003188e2171.png

c2324b083257a8bce383692dc6f552f1.png

13992b0229aba66f8179d19a7fff29f2.png

code is here - http://www.marc2003.ukfsn.org/upload/ocuk-css.txt

Last edited:
Soldato
i agree. i think the new mod is just a little too dark. :p

here's my modded version (thanks t31os for all the other fixes though)

(using rob's greasemonkey script from page one to fix the php background color. not sure if this can be implemented in the css instead??? i'm clueless :p)

code is here - http://www.marc2003.ukfsn.org/upload/ocuk-css.txt

I've fixed that problem in the style i'm using, i update the code as i see problems, i'll update the style on userstyles.org, you can always use the newer code if you like.

NOTE: If you use the Stylish extension with FF you'll find it much easier to modify and update.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've fixed that problem in the style i'm using, i update the code as i see problems, i'll update the style on userstyles.org, you can always use the newer code if you like.

NOTE: If you use the Stylish extension with FF you'll find it much easier to modify and update.

of course i'm using stylish. the icon is even on my screenshots above. :p

thanks for the php code fix. means i don't need greasemonkey installed now. :)

Soldato
Can anyone help by editing the code so that links posted within posts are underlined? (I tried but have no clue so failed miserably)

E.g. Google

Edit: The link is underlined while editing and previewing the post, but no longer so when I submit the post!

Soldato
I was using the userContent.css hack, but have just installed Stylish and am using the one on userstyles.org - it's much nicer, and the things I was getting "annoyed" at such as the drop-down forum navigation box being very bright is fixed!

Thanks! :)

Soldato
Can anyone help by editing the code so that links posted within posts are underlined? (I tried but have no clue so failed miserably)

E.g. Google

Edit: The link is underlined while editing and previewing the post, but no longer so when I submit the post!

Add this line in...

Code:
div[id*="post_message_"] a {text-decoration:underline!important;}
That will underline the links in posts for you. If you want to change the colour of them then add this line instead.

Code:
div[id*="post_message_"] a {text-decoration:underline!important;color:#fc3!important}
Yellow/Orange colour

Code:
div[id*="post_message_"] a {text-decoration:underline!important;color:#fc3!important}
Dark Red colour

Or just change the # to whatever you prefer.

Examples.

#fff - white
#ccc - light grey
#f00 - bright red
#0f0 - bright green
#00f - bright blue

More examples here.
http://html-color-codes.com/

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends what you have in mind, if you want yours to show a unique colour i can help you do that.

Yer that would be cool actually.

I'm sure i remember reading something on another forum where you could specify usernames to select, but this was a while ago :(

It's also a shame you can't hide the message in the top right too, to make it really clean :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
how do I implement the updated version? I'm using one that was posted at one point in this thread in Stylish and it looks perfect as it is but if the updates make it better still... !

Here's how mine looks:

ocuk.JPG

Back
Top Bottom