Moisturiser for men

Soldato
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Soldato
OP
I'll point you towards the lack of scientific studies carried out by the cosmetic industry showing effectiveness of their magic active ingredients...
I knew this would be your response, as it's the obvious reaction. However..

1. I can prove that the moisturiser I am using works. All I have asserted is this. That claim is not under question by you or anybody else.

2. You claim that 'they are all the same' despite how they are marketed, reports by users, pricing etc.

I am asking you to validate your claim as I dispute it. The onus is in you to provide some evidence. You cannot use the lack of evidence to support your position, otherwise I could simply say: Me "Of course time travel works, I go back to the prehistoric era every day!", You "Prove it", Me "I'll point you towards the lack of evidence today suggestion that this isn't possible.."

Soldato
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Let me guess, you're from Essex?

Soldato
Aren't moisturisers specially targeted at men just a big marketing con? It's not like women’s skin would be so different that women’s moisturiser will be unsuitable for men, and I don't think it's usually highly fragranced? A lot of those men’s ones are pretty pricey!

Anyhow, I got some 'Nivea Soft' stuff which can be pretty essential in the crummy British winters and sometimes after shaving. It's cheap and seems to work :p

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;22397895 said:
The American Psycho quote normally comes in before the 10th post so the fact that it took 80 for it happen has left everyone a little embarrassed that someone went ahead and did it anyway.

It's just so terribly awkward.

No no magnolia it had to be done.

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;22397052 said:
Are we drinking this or putting it on our face?

Haha both!

I just drink apple cider vinegar straight with a straw then have water after.

Then before I go to bed I dab some on my face. Works wonders, no more spots/marks/blackheads etc

Soldato
So moisturising is fine as long as it doesn't cost over a certain amount?

How much is ok?

What if you earn more or less money?

Can you tell me the figure as a percentage of take home pay, or is it a set amount regardless of how much I earn? Is there a minimum? Is there any danger of me becoming a lesbian if I'm not careful?

I'm worried I might be spending too much and that someone might come along and do me up the bum if I'm not careful - I'd really appreciate any advice you can give me.

:D

It's gay if you care, basically.

I don't even know the name of the one I use, it was the first one I saw. I don't expect everyone to be quite so masculine as me, but you get my point.

Caporegime
I am asking you to validate your claim as I dispute it. The onus is in you to provide some evidence. You cannot use the lack of evidence to support your position,

erm yes I can... the onus is on the cosmetics companies to prove that their magic ingredients have an effect, unless they can do so the default position is that they don't... you're slightly confused as to where the burden of proof lies - its not down to me to go round proving that lots of various different marketing buzzwords don't work rather the burden is on the person making the claim - i.e. the cosmetics companies (or yourself if you're proposing that X does have an effect) to provide evidence for that claim.

Soldato
erm yes I can... the onus is on the cosmetics companies to prove that their magic ingredients have an effect, unless they can do so the default position is that they don't... you're slightly confused as to where the burden of proof lies - its not down to me to go round proving that lots of various different marketing buzzwords don't work rather the burden is on the person making the claim - i.e. the cosmetics companies (or yourself if you're proposing that X does have an effect) to provide evidence for that claim.

The onus would be on them if people stopped buying their products. People buy their stuff regardless so it doesn't matter if they work or not. In fact the cosmetic companies would be daft to test their products.

Caporegime
The onus would be on them if people stopped buying their products. People buy their stuff regardless so it doesn't matter if they work or not. In fact the cosmetic companies would be daft to test their products.

Indeed, though my argument is really against PMKeat's view that claiming there is no demonstrable effect of these magic ingredients requires evidence when its really the default position to take unless evidence is provided to show otherwise.

Soldato
Indeed, though my argument is really against PMKeat's view that claiming there is no demonstrable effect of these magic ingredients requires evidence when its really the default position to take unless evidence is provided to show otherwise.

I think it's less clear than that. I think the best position for everybody to take would be that one - that would force testing.

However given that it's not going to happen we have the choice of either sticking to E45 cream and not touching the stuff that from anecdotal evidence may very well help. We need to weigh up how much we're willing to believe that it might work against how much extra it costs.

For example if the moisturiser costs £15 and the cheap stuff costs £10 for 6 months use then it's such a small difference it might be worth taking a punt on it.

On the other hand if it costs £600 for the 6 months then I don't think it is - I'd also disbelieve anyone who claimed it was better, because they're not exactly going to stand up en masse and say "I durr got duped, hurr". If a product is very expensive then practically anyone that buys it becomes an advocate :)

Back
Top Bottom