Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
They weren't. They said he used strong language to describe the team. They weren't apologising for swearing.

I'm not questioning Damon when he said 'strong', Simon apologised straight after Martin for fruity language. I don't think screwed requires an apology but yea, I guess someone would complain to ofcom

Caporegime
Think Ricciardo could have handled that much better.

So, who cares. I like it when they show emotion, the PR boring "everything is great" reactions are fake and awful to see. People have bad days and there is nothing wrong with being angry.

Ricciardo is a genuinely really great driver, I love the way he drives, his personality away from the track seems great also. He'll have zero trouble getting an offer from other teams. But the team did screw up and Ricciardo is perfectly entitled to say that.

Caporegime
Wolff seemingly saying Rosberg's only issue was getting tires into the best operating window.

Thing that makes that stupid is, Rosberg was dire on the wet, Hamilton blew him away instantly when he was let through... but if they were struggling for heat then why go for ultras for Rosberg at least if not both as the other tires have a cooler operating window and would have done better for Rosberg.

LzR

LzR

Associate
I said why are the ultra softs lasting 40 laps, you replied with "because they're in clean air and Hamilton is looking after his tyres". sounded like you were talking about the rest of the field.

Anyway, Ricciardo has taken a leaf out of hamiltons sulking book
I think I'm a bit confused to be honest, call it lost in translation, no worries :)

Yeah Ricci looks proper upset, gotta feel for him that was a shocker by his team.

Jay

Caporegime
no discussion of the hamilton/ricciardo move. we have seen 1 replay when it happened. Would like see the move again tbh.

X9nS3jK.jpg

https://streamable.com/qxoi

Hamilton left space, not loads, but enough, that was after Hamilton straightened up. Ricciardo swerved a bit when he broke and was on the wet on the outside.

It was tight, but Hamilton played it perfectly and to a degree here you have to react because you don't know exactly what the guy ahead will do. I think more than anything here Ricciardo assumed Hamilton wouldn't leave space so backed off and got angry before seeing that Hamilton had left him space.

Back
Top Bottom