Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

V F

V F

Soldato
Lol Rachel Brookes Ricciardo interview and her face after Daniel said I want to get the hell out of here...

Man of Honour
Regardless, why is it these racing drivers come across as right *****s?

Interviewing them while still pretty much full of adrenaline and still having immediate reactions to what's happened to them.

I really can understand why Ricciardo is to unhappy though.

smr

smr

Soldato
Race was ok at the start, uber annoyed at the SC staying out so long... when it pitted it was pretty entertaining and for the the most part of the race, but the Ham vs Ric thing about 40 laps + for a while got tedious and there was nothing happening behind them for a quite a long time, just turned into the usual Monaco train.

Definitely the most boring race of the season but it wasn't _that_ bad in itself... which shows how good the other races have been.

Feel quite sorry for Ric, it was his race to win, he was quicker than anyone this weekend, if the track was a metre wider he'd have won it easily. Can't believe how badly they fluffed that stop up for him, he should have got 50 points really for the last two races.

Caporegime
For a Monaco race it was fantastic, for a F1 race it was still mostly crap. I wouldn't say Ricciardo was quicker than anyone this weekend. Hamilton was quick on the wets, quicker than most on inters, he was quick in qualifying and close despite compromised qualifying and having more laps on the tires than anyone due to a tactical screw up after the mechanical screw up.

Ricciardo's interview cracked me up though, I hate being miserable... still with a fairly large smile on his face. The guy looks happier than 95% of people in the world while miserable, he can't stop smiling.

smr

smr

Soldato
For a Monaco race it was fantastic, for a F1 race it was still mostly crap. I wouldn't say Ricciardo was quicker than anyone this weekend. Hamilton was quick on the wets, quicker than most on inters, he was quick in qualifying and close despite compromised qualifying and having more laps on the tires than anyone due to a tactical screw up after the mechanical screw up.

Ricciardo's interview cracked me up though, I hate being miserable... still with a fairly large smile on his face. The guy looks happier than 95% of people in the world while miserable, he can't stop smiling.

If Ric hadn't had his pit stop fluffed (thats a very polite word for it) up he'd have won. Ergo, he was quicker, and he battered both Mercs in Qualifying. Totally and utterly got screwed, as he puts it.

smr

smr

Soldato
Lolled :D

13263815_1144994652234642_7056680377115330585_n.jpg

Caporegime
If Ric hadn't had his pit stop fluffed (thats a very polite word for it) up he'd have won. Ergo, he was quicker, and he battered both Mercs in Qualifying. Totally and utterly got screwed, as he puts it.

Ergo he was quicker? yeah, if Hamilton hadn't been held up behind Rosberg Ricciardo wouldn't have had a free 12 second gap to Hamilton, who was then faster than him and made the wets faster than anyone else on track by a margin.

Hamilton also got the incorrect strategy from his team to go onto the ultras. People literally all missed it but Hamilton pitted from ahead of Ricciardo..... yet ended up a split second ahead of Ricciardo after a 10 second too long pitstop. Hamilton lost 10 seconds that lap as well... almost entirely because the ultras were far far too cold in the wet conditions to give any grip. Hamilton was faster on the wets and faster on the ultras running sub optimal temps for the tires.

If Hamilton was put onto softs he would have had no trouble pushing to the end and would have been massively faster on his outlap.

Man of Honour
The LCD numbers on the rollhoop/engine cover bodywork in the Indy500 are interesting. Showing the pitstop times and the car position when not in the pits.

Caporegime
The LCD numbers on the rollhoop/engine cover bodywork in the Indy500 are interesting. Showing the pitstop times and the car position when not in the pits.

Yeah I think there really cool. Great information for the fans trackside as in imagine it can be difficult to pick out people not on the lead lap during pack racing.

They would be cool on F1, but they are reluctant to give up any space to non sponsor stuff. They won't even make the driver numbers big enough to see them.

The concept of something electronic displaying a cars position has been around for ages. F1, in fact all FIA series seem reluctant to investigate it.

Back
Top Bottom