Monarch : Legacy of Monsters

Caporegime
Loved the finale. More answers and just a few tiny twists near the end that could potentially lead to a Season 2 or continue in one of the films. I prefer the film option.

rp2000

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
Loved the finale. More answers and just a few tiny twists near the end that could potentially lead to a Season 2 or continue in one of the films. I prefer the film option.

rp2000

I’d follow the kids again if they went round the planet finding all the other monsters in their hibernation states - Ghidorah especially.

Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP

rp2000

Do you think they will link it up and lead to one of the up and coming movies?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
/me BURTS INTO TEARS
I didn't know what you meant until I watched it.

that's not the last we see of him surely

Finale was good and liked the pacing for once. I hope it continues without cutting corners. Can't wait for season 2.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you think they will link it up and lead to one of the up and coming movies?
I'm loving the timey wimey stuff in this show but, sadly, it would be difficult after the finale.

The main timeline is now 2017 although Cate and May are 2 years younger than everyone else and Keiko is now in 2017 at whatever age she was in 1959(?). Everyone is now working with Apex who we don't see in the films till 2024 (Godzilla v Kong). And we don't even see the other titans till King of Monsters which is set in 2019.

Interesting they are on Skull Island and we see that Apex has a Lab there (as does Monarch, I guess). Maybe season 2 could be set on Skull Island, which would be pretty cool. I guess Kong is stuck there for another 7 years anyway. S1 was Godzilla based and S2 could be Kong based.

As for Kurt. 2 Options. If he stays stack in Axis Mundi, for every week 2 years pass. I guess he could show up in the new film and have only spent a few weeks there. OR he could fall further into actual hollow earth and just survive for about 8 years and turn up in the new film this year. In reality, we would have heard by now if he was in the new film, and I suspect they can't afford him for season 2 so we just have to accept he died :p

Overall I would say the show was a 7.5/10. Beginning and End were great, bits in the middle were slow. And overall I much prefferred the setting and acting in the 50s-60s flashbacks to the modern day stuff (except Kurt!).

rp2000

Last edited:
Associate
Enjoyed the show, liked how they jumped around in time but wanted more Titans. Hope they make another series.

This is the downside to a TV show - animating titans is expensive and difficult, hence them concentrating on Monarch as a company rather than the titans themselves. I would like to them find the ones buried underground, like Rodan having an outpost above him which clearly came from somewhere...

Associate
I gave up after EP2 with the intention of coming back to it. Reading these comments implies I may have made the right call. I hate bailing on a show but it was boring the backside off me.

Back
Top Bottom