Money Heist

Caporegime
Superb, for Me this just gets better. :cool: Shame I’ve watched all of season 4 now :(
The only disappointment was that the Bank of Spain heist didn't end with season 4, as I was expecting :(. Im sure part 5 will be delayed due to covid 19, which wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a continuation of the current story. As part 1+2 was 1 story, I had hoped part 3+4 was another.

rp2000

Soldato
OP
The only disappointment was that the Bank of Spain heist didn't end with season 4, as I was expecting :(. Im sure part 5 will be delayed due to covid 19, which wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a continuation of the current story. As part 1+2 was 1 story, I had hoped part 3+4 was another.

rp2000

I did think the same thing, however if that’s all we see as a negative it’s not a bad series is it :cool:

Caporegime
About to start watching this show this weekend, so what's the best audio experience you all recommend?
I would say Spanish audio with English subs. However, a few people in this thread mentioned that they don't think the English subs are very accurate, although they seem fine to me.

rp2000

Caporegime
I watched it in English
I'm going to watch part of an episode in English, just to compare. Probably an episode with Nairobi or Tokio taking in it a lot to see if the emotion in their voices is present in the English dub.

Just for fun, do you want to recommend an episode number that you felt was very moving?

rp2000

Man of Honour
About to start watching this show this weekend, so what's the best audio experience you all recommend?

I don't think either dubbing or subtitles (caveat I know they've updated more than once and some of it I watched quite a long time ago now) really does this one justice so IMO whichever you prefer.

Soldato
I’m totally in love with this show, Berlin and the professor are my two favourite characters, up to episode 5 of season 2 and it’s so interesting and tense to watch.

Probably due to the fact that I love the Spanish language.

Caporegime
Berlin rules. Keep watching!

Season 2, Episode 1:

Berlin:
"Las primeras veces son especiales, únicas.
Pero las últimas veces son incomparables, no tienen precio…Lo que pasa es que la gente, normalmente no sabe que lo son"

“First times are special. Unique. But the last times are beyond comparison. They are priceless. But people don’t know it’s their last time.”

rp2000

Soldato
I really enjoyed the first 2 parts but why on earth
for parts 3 and 4 do they have to make a third of the cast gay and talk about anal boom boom every episode? Also they make all the female cast have something against males and keep mentioning rebelling against the patriarchy? Im so confused this was just meant to be a bank heist:confused:

Caporegime
I really enjoyed the first 2 parts but why on earth
for parts 3 and 4 do they have to make a third of the cast gay and talk about anal boom boom every episode? Also they make all the female cast have something against males and keep mentioning rebelling against the patriarchy? Im so confused this was just meant to be a bank heist:confused:
They are both big topics in Spanish society/culture in the last few years, so it's not uncommon to see them referenced in shows.

rp2000

Soldato
Denvers laugh is beavis and butthead esque
I agree. Everytime I hear his laugh (dubbed version) it makes me cringe. It's like they said to the voice casting agent "we want him to sound like a dribbling idiot everytime he laughs, ok?"
Also Tokyo is a terrible character. Every decision she's makes is nothing short of moronic. I loathe her. When Nairobi said she should be in charge (don't worry it's not a spoiler) my wife and I literally laughed out loud.

Caporegime
With a rating of 8.4 on IMDB I was hoping for a decent script, decent acting and a plot (however convoluted) that made sense...
After the first three episodes of series 1 I'm seriously doubting the above - it's shockingly bad on all counts.

Without getting into spoiler territory can someone tell me if it continues like it has?

Back
Top Bottom