Monitor Calibration - Try before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'd be interested to know how well this works. There is no point in me trying it on this monitor as its useless for photography anyway. When i sit up in my seat the screen goes brighter and when i slouch it goes darker :D. I'll have to save up and get a decent monitor at some point. But it would be good to hear peoples views on it for future reference :).

Soldato
Ah I was wondering if anyone was ever going to do this!

Definitely put my name down please :) I've been after a Pro version so I can calibrate 2 monitors but didn't want to fork out before testing!

Soldato
Did my monitor last night.

Initially used the sypder2 software availiable from the link in the first post, this created a noticable difference between before and after, generally it appears my screen was too bright and washing out colours.

I then used the two links in mrk's post and i could see all but one of the white boxes and couldn't see the first 3 black ones.

I tried the colour pro software demo and used the settings stated by AdrianR, ran through that test and now I can see all but one of the white boxes (same as before) but can now see all but the first black boxes, definately made a slight difference using that software.

I recommend running the colour pro software for the final calibration but do run the spyder2 software first to see the differences. Will probably re-run tonight just to see one more time.

One question i have is I'm guessing this will need to be re-run the calibration when changing graphics cards? i'm hopefully getting a 4870x2 back from RMA shortly and am running on a 8800GTX for the moment..

Wonder-Lander - Haven't been able to check for payment received yet but sure it will be OK, been decorating and the little pin machine i need for online banking has been packed away, should be able to check tonight once sorted through boxes :)

Thanks again for the chance to do this though, appreciated by all i'm sure :)

Associate
Hey guys just a quick nooby question sorry. I'm not really a part of this thread and don't really know much about photography but i came in search of questions about calibration. I recently bought an Eye One Display 2, i want my new Dell 2209WA IPS monitor to look good and i want to get the most out of it. I mainly just browse the web and game. Could you guys help me with a few settings. I know gamma is supposed to be 2.2 and colour temp is 6500K but what about luminance. 99.9% of the time my room is completely pitch black so what do you recommend i set it to judging by that ambient light? 120 or lower? Also what is recommended for a CRT because i want to calibrate that properly too. Can someone who knows what they're talking about shed a little light on this? Thanks :D

Soldato
Well it definately works on Win7, think me and razor-blade have proved that. I also recommend using the colour pro software over the standard one, gave me a better result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom