Monitor Calibration - Try before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just calibrated my laptop, it seems a lot darker than my original when using the Spyder2 software. Then tried the Colour Eye and using mrk's link, I can see a lot more squares (only 1 on the bottom role for whites though) - much better than the Original and Spyder2's.

Didn't realise my laptop screen isn't showing up brown as much as it should. That's why Raymond complaint about my Hull Fair images being 'too red'. :p

Soldato
Just calibrated my laptop, it seems a lot darker than my original when using the Spyder2 software. Then tried the Colour Eye and using mrk's link, I can see a lot more squares (only 1 on the bottom role for whites though) - much better than the Original and Spyder2's.

Didn't realise my laptop screen isn't showing up brown as much as it should. That's why Raymond complaint about my Hull Fair images being 'too red'. :p

Agreed, I got a lot better results after using the Colour Eye software and double checking using mrk's links

Will be buying a calibrator next time i switch graphics cards (most likely next month!)

Soldato
For me that's all I've ever done.

Mrk had a suggestion to try other software after he found results 50/50. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14882789&postcount=42

Maybe give these a go and see how the results go?

Someone else may have a better opinion than me!

I basically downloaded the Spyder 2 software, installed and ran it in a dark room with my LCD monitor turned on for at least 10mins. Upon completion, I noticed colour calibration was a lot more brown than 'black'. Whites are a hell of a lot brighter. (comparing with mrk's link)

I followed Adrianr's instruction
Razor-BladE, and for referance to others, settings in Color Eyes should be as follows,

White point target: D65 / 6500k
Luminance: 120 cd/m2
Gamma: 2.2
Black point target: minimum luminance

Color Eyes Display Pro is a much better piece of software than the bundled Spyder, but comes at increased cost. Everyone should try the trial if they get a chance.
Ran CEDP in that settings and double checking on mrk's link, I see more shades of white than original/Spyder2 calibration. Black was more black. Did a test print and it was as close as I could get for my non IPS panel.

I then save the profile and uninstalled the trial CEDP. I'm on windows 7 so the colour profile management is better BUT I still have the Spyder2 program on, it'll always start up for 2 sec to load profile (my default is the CEDP calibrated profile) after a restart, useful for XP or older OS I think.

Permabanned
Can I join the queue please ? I am in cornwall.

Ive taken 200 pics tonight and i cannot edit them in LR or PS as they dont print out the same as i can see on my monitor.

Soldato
how many people are on the list? I could really do with this after getting a second monitor that is WAAAAAAAAY off the mark! If it ends up back in warrington i could pick it up and return it the same day if needed!

Cheers for the fantastic offer mate :)

Tom.

Associate
how many people are on the list? I could really do with this after getting a second monitor that is WAAAAAAAAY off the mark! If it ends up back in warrington i could pick it up and return it the same day if needed!

Cheers for the fantastic offer mate :)

Tom.
Yo, you getting my emails buddy?

(sorry to go off topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom