Monitor Calibration - Try before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I downloaded the latest software from your link in OP, installed fine as well on Win7 64bit RC version, didn't complain about wrong OS so should be fine as well

Soldato
Other than set the monitor settings to default, anything else i need to do before calibrating??
Because i've just run it (no problems on Windows 7 btw) but when it shows the uncalibrated and calibrated views, they are exactly the same.. and looking at the different black and white points, i can still only see some and not all of them??
Do i need to change my gamma perhaps?
Could this be a monitor limitation because it's a TN panel??

Soldato
I re ran with a little pre calibration. I realised when it ran 2nd time round that it didn't actually run properly at all the 1st time. (obv cos i didn't know what it would do) So i'm gonna reset all settings and re run again. And i downloaded the ColorEyes software so i'm gonna take a whack at that too.

Soldato
Working all fine so far. Virtually the same results with the Spyder2 software and the ColorEyes software, but there are a lot more options with the ColorEyes software so i prefer that one. Gonna try again in a bit to see if i can improve it.

Initially, good results. Lets me distinguish more black levels significantly. Not that much improvement with white levels but that wasn't as 'bad' to start with. Very slight change in colour temp also.

Should i aim for 2.2 gamma level? Or just leave it at 'recommended'. At recommended the gamma level is at about 2.4.

And on the blacks level test, how visible should '1' be from the background?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom