Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
I've earned £103.30 according to the Chase app through the 1% since April 2022. I'm not a big spender so have not really made much. Originally joined as the saving account was the highest but others started to go higher and they didn't bother to follow. Just use it as my main bank account now.

But I like the app and never had any issues with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any recommendations regarding these banks at the moment? Was considering opening an account with either Monzo or Chase primarily for the easy-access savings interest rates?

Soldato
Chip is also easy access at 4.84
Shows you daily interest increase until the end of the month also so you know how much your getting

They also have a 5.1% easy access ISA (20k max) with no drawback for withdrawals

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems to be some interesting goings on at Starling at the moment.

Recently they suspended all applications for new euro or USD accounts for both personal and business.
The founder and CEO stepped down claiming conflict of interest (due to being the major shareholder and CEO)
They put a hold on all affiliate and partner activity.

Could just be random coincidence of course.

Since I like to speculate, I wonder if a) they are being investigated over COVID loans, b) planning a take over of another bank c) In the very early stages of prepping for an IPO.

Soldato

Recently they suspended all applications for new euro or USD accounts for both personal and business.
The founder and CEO stepped down claiming conflict of interest (due to being the major shareholder and CEO)

Since I like to speculate, I wonder if a) they are being investigated over COVID loans, b) planning a take over of another bank c) In the very early stages of prepping for an IPO.

The CEO stepped down a year ago? https://www.theguardian.com/busines...s-ceo-to-avoid-potential-conflict-of-interest

Associate

Problems or keep money in there?
Have had a normal.person current with them for a while.with interest up to 5k
Was considering chase aswell but also just need a decent savings ac with no need to access, is that chip?

Soldato
Problems or keep money in there?
Have had a normal.person current with them for a while.with interest up to 5k
Was considering chase aswell but also just need a decent savings ac with no need to access, is that chip?
Can't beat Chip at the moment for easy access

Caporegime
I'm still yet to try monzo as they have never offered a bribe for joining.

Was on first direct last year and although they have a load of good reviews I found the app experience lacking.
Gf seems to like monzo

Back
Top Bottom