Morba's log - A mans love of coffee and cake mmm

Caporegime
OP
:D

Last night:
Well, last night was a weird one. Planned on doing circus db, log overhead and log incline bench.

circus db to start, not sure what happened by wasn't feeling good at all, my knees and legs just weren't working at all which made this a right mess so didnt do much. I binned the idea of log overhead as it wouldn't be beneficial at all if my body isnt firing properly.

so straight on to log incline bench.
Now, the log is 12" diameter iirc and we have to pick it up from the floor, on to lap, then sit back and roll it up from our lap. That's not too bad when it is empty (70kg) but once you start adding weight it pushes all the air from within you by the time its sitting on your chest.
We then press it from chest, with no breath lol. Good fun!

empty (70kg) x 10
80x10
90x10
100x10
110x6 (could have done more, wanted to try 120)
120x2 - trying to press from chest with no breath was a killer, 2nd rep was better as was able to breath!
120x1 - dieing by this point
back down a bit to not kill myself.
100 2x10
110x5
dropset:
110x5
90x6
70x11

Not happy my body wasn't working so punished myself with log incline, which made me happy :)

Caporegime
OP
lol :D

tbh i'd be happy with a 150 incline log press, that would be a fantastic figure to aim for I think. Would certainly help with most strongman overhead (other than axle); block, keg, odd objects, log :)

Caporegime
OP
Sunday events:

circus DB day. Think it was just too cold to start moving too much around tbh.

PB left hand 53kg. Not sure how this happened, was doing some reps on thurs and my left was all over the place.
Right hand just didn't want to work at all, couldn't even do 53kg which is a bloody joke as my form on right is much better than left!

So we all decided to load the damn thing up as heavy as possible and concentrate on cleans.
Well, we can fit 93kg in total on the DB (inc db itself) and we just cleaned and cleaned and cleaned.

My shoulder feels a mess, nicely bruised!
You just can't appreciate how heavy 90kg+ feels on something like this, on your shoulder without trying it. To even think about pressing it (the db record is actually a lot higher than 93kg) while it is there is crazy!
Then you remember that Radz at Europes stongest man strict pressed the 100kg DB. I so weak :(

Here is the big Jay Pateman strict pressing 92kg:

Europe's strongest man: 6:40 for Radz strict press of 100kg thick handle db, then watch lalas make it look easy then Big Z near on snatch the damn thing

Caporegime
OP
Monday:

Well, my idea of a good pressing session was quickly dismissed tonite!
Warming up on axle, just 40kg to start, and the realisation of how hard those DB cleans were and the pain in my shoulder and right pec from the pounding of it, kicked in!

Decided to just do what I could regardless:

Warmup: 40kg x 10 front and 10 back
60kg x 10 front 10 back
70kg x 10
Shoulder didn't feel good, triceps feeling tired. Could have packed it it but had an hour before picking my boy up so no point going home.

80x10
90x5
90x5
From rack (rather than clean from floor), this helped as the clean was about to turn to continental which I didn't want to try!
90x3
100x3
100x3
105x1
105x1
105x1
Now, I'm shocked at this, just below my max with a bad shoulder and tired triceps. I shouldn't be doing that well.
Had a bit of time left and couldnt be assed setting bench for incline log as the clean would kill me.
So more axle pressing.
80x9
90x5
90x4
80x7

Surprisingly happy with that.
Will do log bench later in the week to make up for missing it today :)

Back
Top Bottom