Morba's log - A mans love of coffee and cake mmm

Caporegime
OP
Yeah 18", just below the knees. too low to get my knees under and start the pull from a semi hitch sort of stance lol.

Having said that, the bar was on mats, and I'm sure that as more weight went on the lower the starting point would have been. Not by much but it would have been a little lower as we measured the height on the mats with just 70kg on the bar lol

Tried 300, it started moving but too slow and would have snapped me to keep trying lol.

Caporegime
OP
**** session last night.

Did some axle stuff on monday and got a PB. My axle cleans are crap, and leave me very raw on parts of my chest.
Well, last night we decided to do axle cleans to get better at the technique. Silly idea given I was already hurting and each time the bar went near it I bottled it. The few times I carried on through the clean it tore at the soft raw skin.

Left the unit wee'd off and not happy.

Caporegime
OP
Do you structure your training to keep workouts from impacting each other?

Normally yes. But this was "week back after comp" for the other 3 and 2 of them are away next week. So it was a case of "the axle is out so we might as well use it".
Thurs would normally be squats or deads plus some assistance work.

I'll be doing events on my own on sunday also, so that will be crap but i'll get on with some stuff regardless :)

Caporegime
OP
Lol :D

will do some log for reps (more as a warm up than anything else) then some light farmers runs (lots of, work up to 100kg for a few runs) and barrel loading...

I say that, if it rains hard on Sat then the unit will probably be flooded and i'll just go home!

Man of Honour
I'm looking forward to getting our farmers handles out for some cardio :D Can't justify killing myself with some sort of cardio medley at the moment though.

Man of Honour
I'm making myself do a month of arm work for tendon reasons (just in case).

The only way this will work is if EVERYONE else does them so I feel like less of a boob :D

Man of Honour
I'm making myself do a month of arm work for tendon reasons (just in case).

Of course. A bit like me squatting to help my back - I get it. ;)

The only way this will work is if EVERYONE else does them so I feel like less of a boob :D

The only way to look like a boob doing curlz is if you do them in a rack, whilst wearing "the face" as you do them. :D

Caporegime
OP
Better session tonite.

Deadlifts:
Warm up
110x10
160x8
160x3
Straps on. Earlier than normal, bar was freezing and grip felt ****
180x5
180x3
200x3
Belt on
220x2
240x1

1 hour gone. 25 mins left before I had to leave. Hmm what else can we do....

Stone shouldering!
85kg atlas stone, no tacky
Just the 2 of us so go 1 for 1 (him then me then him etc)
1 left
1 right
1 left
1 right
Did this 6 times so 3 each side
Left and right 1 for 1
1 left and right
Did this 5 times
Faster now:
1 for 1
4 time (2 each shoulder)
5 mins left, let's go: 1 each shoulder again, no break. When the other person has done his two you go straight away:
6 x left and right.
20 mins of stone shouldering!
God damn, huffing and puffing after this, great finisher lol

Much happier with this session :)

Easier to quote rather than pretend i've typed it all out again :p

log tonight, hope the fire is working as its gonna be a cold one!!

Caporegime
OP
It's fun when it feels right, I'd struggle to train on my own again now, so used to having 2 or 3 people shouting at me while lifting lol

We'll arrange a day early next year for you to come down on a Sat or Sun and have some fun with all the equipment :D

Caporegime
OP
:D

Last night:
Well, last night was a weird one. Planned on doing circus db, log overhead and log incline bench.

circus db to start, not sure what happened by wasn't feeling good at all, my knees and legs just weren't working at all which made this a right mess so didnt do much. I binned the idea of log overhead as it wouldn't be beneficial at all if my body isnt firing properly.

so straight on to log incline bench.
Now, the log is 12" diameter iirc and we have to pick it up from the floor, on to lap, then sit back and roll it up from our lap. That's not too bad when it is empty (70kg) but once you start adding weight it pushes all the air from within you by the time its sitting on your chest.
We then press it from chest, with no breath lol. Good fun!

empty (70kg) x 10
80x10
90x10
100x10
110x6 (could have done more, wanted to try 120)
120x2 - trying to press from chest with no breath was a killer, 2nd rep was better as was able to breath!
120x1 - dieing by this point
back down a bit to not kill myself.
100 2x10
110x5
dropset:
110x5
90x6
70x11

Not happy my body wasn't working so punished myself with log incline, which made me happy :)

Back
Top Bottom