More BBC propaganda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Ah, so you're talking about your recommended daily intake, yeah?

Well, the Hovis site says that your recommend fat intake is 70g per day. 40% of that is 28g. To consume this quantity of fat in bread in one day would require you to eat in excess of 1Kg of bread.

Now, how many people do you think routinely eat that much bread?

A loaf of bread is 800g, you need to eat around 280g to hit 20-40% GDA depending on the fat content, which is 6-8 slices.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A loaf of bread is 800g, you need to eat around 280g to hit 20-40% GDA depending on the fat content, which is 6-8 slices.

20%-40% of recommend fat intake would be 5.6g-11.2g. This would take approximately 200g-400g of bread, or about a quarter to a half of a loaf of bread.

Not many people eat that much bread, and even if they do, WHO CARES, THAT'S WITHIN YOUR GDA.

Permabanned
You're recommended intake of fat is what, 90g from food? I'm guessing here, bare with me, as although I'm a genuine nutritionist I'm no expert

So, if you're eating a diet of bread, which is 2.7% fat, how much bread would one have to consume to go over the limit?

Over 3.3kg, roughly 75 slices. By which time, you would have consumed ~1.2kg of carbs and ~6825kcal.

So, based on those sums, can you just take us through your logic again?
2.7 per slice each slice is around 30/45G, the GDA is based on the slice not the whole loaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom