• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X details tip up

Soldato
Why not go RyZen and get better bang for your buck and better performance
Ryzen is a great CPU but the platform is not in the same league as the X99/X299. The lack of PCI-E lanes and RAM slots/channel make a big difference. Ryzen is AMD's mainstream, hopefully AMD are going to release a chipset to compete but it’s just a rumour so far.

Associate
Ryzen is a great CPU but the platform is not in the same league as the X99/X299. The lack of PCI-E lanes and RAM slots/channel make a big difference. Ryzen is AMD's mainstream, hopefully AMD are going to release a chipset to compete but it’s just a rumour so far.

This ^

Also I'm not impressed with Ryzens gaming performance to be perfectly honest.

Soldato
I think I'm going to jump on this platform, a Skylake-X 6 core chip, Mobo and ram seems the upgrade I'm looking for moving from Haswell.. I hope so anyway! Looking to improve minimum frame rates..

This ^

Also I'm not impressed with Ryzens gaming performance to be perfectly honest.

If you're looking to improve minimum frame rates in games but are not impressed with Ryzen's performance, you haven't been looking at it close enough. It's what Ryzen does VERY well indeed.

Soldato
Those who expect Skylake overclocking abilities on the SkylakeX series, should take a step back.
Given the manufacturing process, energy and heat generated by the core tech higher ipc and manufacturing process, you would be extreme lucky to hit 4.2ghz.
And ofc nothing stops intel to sell the 8core for £1000.

Soldato
If you're looking to improve minimum frame rates in games but are not impressed with Ryzen's performance, you haven't been looking at it close enough. It's what Ryzen does VERY well indeed.
Agreed. The only thing I'd consider X299 for is if I wanted/needed more than 2 GPUs. Unless of course they sort their pricing out and/or clock way higher than Ryzen.

Associate
I would think the platform will have issues competing with Ryzen if Intel keep the same high price. Anyone that needs 8 core's will think long and hard about Intel now given the status quo.

Soldato
I would think the platform will have issues competing with Ryzen if Intel keep the same high price. Anyone that needs 8 core's will think long and hard about Intel now given the status quo.

I don't think those that share your view have a decent scope on the scene currently. Intel's platform isn't likely to be plastered with flaws and need for updates just to operate.

Caporegime
I don't think those that share your view have a decent scope on the scene currently. Intel's platform isn't likely to be plastered with flaws and need for updates just to operate.

To be fair to AMD, it's still very very early days. Within a few months things will begin to change :)

I'm looking forward to what Zen+ brings to the table personally...

Associate
For me as a gamer the x99 and soon to be x299 range are just to expensive for the performance gains you actually get. In fact most games perform better on the i7-7700k compared to the broadwell-E range. Unless you want to SLI 2,3,4 GPUs then I don't think they are worth it. Especially with Ryzen now providing 8 cores at £330-£500 range, unless Intel drop their prices on Skylake-X and Kabylake-X they will struggle to sell.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to checking out the Ryzen HEDT platform paired with some nice fast ram. 16c/32t FTW ;) :cool:
+1, I did not think it would be coming soon but it could as it looks like AMD will be doing a 12/16 core with more PCI-E lanes and more RAM slots/channels. Will be interesting to find out how the mobo's and CPU's are priced.

OcUK Staff
Those who expect Skylake overclocking abilities on the SkylakeX series, should take a step back.
Given the manufacturing process, energy and heat generated by the core tech higher ipc and manufacturing process, you would be extreme lucky to hit 4.2ghz.
And ofc nothing stops intel to sell the 8core for £1000.
U tried it did ya?? Dear me this type of forum member......

Caporegime
U tried it did ya?? Dear me this type of forum member......

Care to share some info whilst you ride
round on your high horse?

Personally I can't see any reason why Slylake-X won't clock well personally. Haswell-E did 4.5-4.6 when the process matured.

Having said that Ryzen means they're going to have to move on price if they want to sell anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom