Mortgage Rate Rises

Tax is theft.

I’m going to come to your street and dig up the tarmac on the road, take away all your council provided services, your ability to receive broadcasts and unregister you from your doctor, dentist and library. I will steal all of your most valued possessions without fear of being nabbed by a copper or being taken to court. You are also now banned from using public transport and your local parks.

Your back garden is going to look a mess.

I will leave a leaflet entitled “Naivety, an explanation“ in your letterbox

I’m going to come to your street and dig up the tarmac on the road, take away all your council provided services, your ability to receive broadcasts and unregister you from your doctor, dentist and library. I will steal all of your most valued possessions without fear of being nabbed by a copper or being taken to court. You are also now banned from using public transport and your local parks.

Communist.

Ok lets break that down, the bins and the street is council tax and road tax, though i dont drive, i do pay council tax.

I don't pay for a TV license because i don't watch TV, but, if i did, the TV license pays for broadcasts.

Dentist is not even free.

I dont need a doctor, if i want one, i'll pay for one.

Without police you wouldnt fear being nabbed, you should fear being killed instead.

I pay public transport? In what universe is public transport free.

If i want parks i can pay entry fee.

Why exactly would my back garden look like a mess???

Why would i want a library? If i want to read a book i order it from amazon.

Last edited:
Ok lets break that down, the bins and the street is council tax and road tax, though i dont drive, i do pay council tax.

I don't pay for a TV license because i don't watch TV, but, if i did, the TV license pays for broadcasts.

Without police you wouldnt fear being nabbed, you should fear being killed instead.

:cry: :cry:

Not in a million years do you earn more than ~24k/year

Let me try again, if nobody paid tax all those services whether fully paid for or subsidised by tax would not exist.

Your understanding of how the country works is sadly lacking. You should understand how it does work more before saying "tax is theft". I didn't even go into the safety nets made available when you need them, maybe because you lose your job (which can happen regardless of your elite skills) or you need childcare or schooling etc.

I literally cannot make it simpler than that.

Edit: maybe it was a wind up....would make more sense than being serious :D

Last edited:
Only if all of our taxes goes to pay for roads/bin collection/buses/train and rail/hospitals/school/social services/adult care/community care

Unfortunately large amount of the tax revenue is wasted by government’s mis-management of finances.

They go around in chartered jets and luxury cars and hosting in luxury hotels while a decent portion of the population goes to food bank. Austerity means peasants gets it while MP wages and allowances continue to outstrip Inflation by multiple factor.

Taxation is only fair if there is accountability. RN, personally I don’t trust anyone in the government or local councils to be responsible.

Some of the council budgets are billions of pounds and the leader or financial chief treats him/herself like CEO of a ftse 100 company with wages and bonus.

Last edited:
Only if all of our taxes goes to pay for roads/bin collection/buses/train and rail/hospitals/school/social services/adult care/community care

Unfortunately large amount of the tax revenue is wasted by government’s mis-management of finances.

They go around in chartered jets and luxury cars and hosting in luxury hotels while a decent portion of the population goes to food bank. Austerity means peasants gets it while MP wages and allowances continue to outstrip Inflation by multiple factor.

Taxation is only fair if there is accountability. RN, personally I don’t trust anyone in the government or local councils to be responsible.

Some of the council budgets are billions of pounds and the leader or financial chief treats him/herself like CEO of a ftse 100 company with wages and bonus.

I think this is probably why a lot of people (myself included) have a problem with tax in this country.

If we could see it put to good use, I reckon people would be a lot more accepting of it, but as it is, we pay a fortune in income tax, VAT, fuel duty, VED, IPT, CGT, Stamp Duty, etc., etc. and we see it being ****** up the wall on failed projects like HS2, siphoned off to fake companies who just happened to be owned by MPs or their mates, while the NHS is falling apart, we're struggling to get enough decent teachers, the roads are full of potholes, we have strikes left, right and centre, there aren't enough police on the streets, and local amenities are being shut down or left to rot.

Can you really blame anyone for getting a bit ****** off at seeing a large chunk of their earnings being squandered in such a way?

I think this is probably why a lot of people (myself included) have a problem with tax in this country.

If we could see it put to good use, I reckon people would be a lot more accepting of it, but as it is, we pay a fortune in income tax, VAT, fuel duty, VED, IPT, CGT, Stamp Duty, etc., etc. and we see it being ****** up the wall on failed projects like HS2, siphoned off to fake companies who just happened to be owned by MPs or their mates, while the NHS is falling apart, we're struggling to get enough decent teachers, the roads are full of potholes, we have strikes left, right and centre, there aren't enough police on the streets, and local amenities are being shut down or left to rot.

Can you really blame anyone for getting a bit ****** off at seeing a large chunk of their earnings being squandered in such a way?

Yea I agree.

And I think it's got significantly worse over the last 20 years.

I heard on the radio 2023 was the worst year on record for amount of incidents and damage caused by pit holes, the roads around us are a mess, I live in the Cambridgeshire fens which is notorious for bad roads, and even for us they are a state.

You drive at night you can't see **** because the lines haven't been painted in so long, let alone having cats eyes.

But honestly I could go round taking photos, then go to Google maps of some third world countries and I doubt you'd tell the difference, probably third world country better.

The UK has a lot of wealth, it's getting funneled to fewer and fewer.

This is fair. It's frustrating and the biggest turn off for me about even caring to vote. So much waste. Especially with the tories. But do need to get someone else in to see if it can be improved. I personally think it's endemic. But when Labour get in I just hope it's better.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any measure for waste. Just the headlines like Hs2 being scraped, ppe scandals etc. 8 don't want to think about all the small deals with mates that never get published. I hate ant form of waste. And corruption is even worse.

The issue that this country has is that the government has no means of raising cash.. apart from taxes.
some countries don't have this issue and have enough cash for state funds to pay football teams.

imagine if all the council houses wasn't sold off or replaced..
people could rent a house from the local council/government at a fair market price.
The people who couldn't afford to do this will be subsidise by the people who could (and renting the council houses).

This would have a impact on both rent, the purchase prices of houses and our taxes which are used by the governement to pay social housing companies.

The issue that this country has is that the government has no means of raising cash.. apart from taxes.
some countries don't have this issue and have enough cash for state funds to pay football teams.

imagine if all the council houses wasn't sold off or replaced..
people could rent a house from the local council/government at a fair market price.
The people who couldn't afford to do this will be subsidise by the people who could (and renting the council houses).

This would have a impact on both rent, the purchase prices of houses and our taxes which are used by the governement to pay social housing companies.

Because the short-termist politics mean we've sold off rights to many of our natural resources to private companies, in many cases foreign, and even state owned...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom