Most annoying film for mistakes

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Here's one for you chaps and will make a nice change to debates about kit.
Come and nominate the film that has annoyed you the most with mistakes.
Personally, I'm going to nominate Armegedon, which is fine to watch once you've disabled your brain, but the first time I watched it, couldn't help but think:
- Why were both shuttles taking off at the same time, is that so that if one exploded on take off, that it might take the other with it, thus instantly stopping any chance of saving the world
- When they did get to the Russian space station, it was patiently waiting for them. Just prior to docking, the space station was then "spun to create gravity", thus making it seriously difficult to dock with.
- When disembarking from the shuttles to the space station, surely the crew should have been climbing ladders, not walking on the floor?

That's before you start asking inane questions about why the rover unit needed a gatling gun in space?

Anyone else?

Soldato
Theres a small bit in Bad Boys 2 that annoys me. When Will Smith and Martin Lawrence have been called in to the cheifs office, where shortley before he goes throught what TNT stands for (Tactical Narcotic Team). He circles it and under lines it a few times, and each time the camera pans back to him, its not underlined or not circled.

Theres plenty more, i just cant remeber them, lol

Soldato
The Core.

There are a billion completely unrealistic moments, making the entire film the most laughable 'disaster-movie'.

We had no idea what to expect from it when we saw it but immediately fell about laughing, even though my girlfriend generally doesn't get caught up in stuff that's not really feasible (usually me that grips or keeps my mouth shut). Yes, this appeared completely barking to us both and turned into a film we sat through purely to see how insane the plot would become, what utter nonsense would come next.

In essence, a team (think Armageddon style) have to travel through the mantle of the planet, yes right near the core, and drop nukes around the whole planet, to try to prevent the core's spin from stopping. Hilarious already watching them dive about the planet in these colossal temperatures and pressures, things get better when they occasionally stop their machine to get out for a look around in certain 'pockets' of the earth which are safe!

Associate
It has got to be any film with or by Mel Gibson.

Braveheart - utter tosh from visuals to history

Patriot - again, utter tosh

The Passion - a film about a bloke that walks on water? Give over :)

Soldato
I've got one, and this applies to the book too, in Lord of the Rings, why didn't Gandalf just get the eagle Gwahir to fly him, Frodo and the ring from Hobitton straight to Mount Doom, drop the ring in, and then back in time for tea?

It wouldn't have made as good a story, but it would have saved a lot of lives and hassle :p

Another one - why aren't the aliens in Indepence Day running anti-virus software?
Mr_Sukebe said:
Why were both shuttles taking off at the same time, is that so that if one exploded on take off, that it might take the other with it, thus instantly stopping any chance of saving the world?
lol :D

Last edited:
Soldato
fish99 said:
I've got one, and this applies to the book too, in Lord of the Rings, why didn't Gandalf just get the eagle Gwahir to fly him, Frodo and the ring from Hobitton straight to Mount Doom, drop the ring in, and then back in time for tea?

It wouldn't have made as good a story, but it would have saved a lot of lives and hassle :p

Hehe hassle, and save lifes? :s sauron would have seen them coming direct lol send out crap loads of his flying beasts to kill the eagles and get the ring, second option millions and millions of orcs with bows all shooting into the air at afew eagles lol all getting the desired effect of getting the ring lol

Soldato
n3crius said:
The Core.

There are a billion completely unrealistic moments, making the entire film the most laughable 'disaster-movie'.

We had no idea what to expect from it when we saw it but immediately fell about laughing, even though my girlfriend generally doesn't get caught up in stuff that's not really feasible (usually me that grips or keeps my mouth shut). Yes, this appeared completely barking to us both and turned into a film we sat through purely to see how insane the plot would become, what utter nonsense would come next.

In essence, a team (think Armageddon style) have to travel through the mantle of the planet, yes right near the core, and drop nukes around the whole planet, to try to prevent the core's spin from stopping. Hilarious already watching them dive about the planet in these colossal temperatures and pressures, things get better when they occasionally stop their machine to get out for a look around in certain 'pockets' of the earth which are safe!

I liked the core lol yes unrelistic, but only to your imagination lol how do you know that laser and heat abosrbing/pressure metal hasent been created? the only thing i found unrealistic was the communicaion to the ship lol.

Soldato
Alex R said:
Braveheart - utter tosh from visuals to history

I dont agree with the visuals, but I know the history is absolute ****

Doesnt stop it being one of my favourite films though

The whole of Star Wars Episode 1 - is my choise just because it is so awful compared to the other 5 (ep2 isnt much better mind you)

Soldato
Nightmare on elm street, cant remember which one. Girls in her bedroom and grabs a coffee pot and smashes it on freddy, but literally seconds before the coffee pot is empty on the side :p

All i can remember and i see it on something else lol

Soldato
Something that really annoys me in all films (nearly), whenever someone has a gun they seem to have endless bullets. The revolvers are called 6 shots for a reason and yet they fire them continuously for about 20 shots until they get some cover...

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Raikiri said:
Something that really annoys me in all films (nearly), whenever someone has a gun they seem to have endless bullets. The revolvers are called 6 shots for a reason and yet they fire them continuously for about 20 shots until they get some cover...

Except in Dirty Harry.
"now I know what you're thinking, did I shoot five times, or six?"
"feeling lucky, punk?"

Suspended
last nite i was watching commando (arnie flick) when the yellow porsche is over turned and arnie flips it back over one side is wrecked to pieces, next arnie drives away and both sides of the car are immaculate

Soldato
in commando, the porsche gets crashed and the side is wrecked, then it gets to the bit where arnie hangs the bloke over the edge of the cliff and says 'remember when i said i'd kill you last - i lied', he then gets in the porsche, drives off and it's like new again :D

Soldato
sam83uk said:
last nite i was watching commando (arnie flick) when the yellow porsche is over turned and arnie flips it back over one side is wrecked to pieces, next arnie drives away and both sides of the car are immaculate

wez130 said:
in commando, the porsche gets crashed and the side is wrecked, then it gets to the bit where arnie hangs the bloke over the edge of the cliff and says 'remember when i said i'd kill you last - i lied', he then gets in the porsche, drives off and it's like new again :D

What the chances of two different people posting something about the same film at the same time :eek:

Caporegime
Another part in commando is when he grabs the guy from the porsche and holds him over the edge, top left of the screen you can see the cable for a second or two till arnies arm moves up a bit.

Also watch when arnie has the belt fed mg, the belt goes from bigger to smaller to bigger to smaller tons of times. Yet he never once reloads. :p Dunno why they dont just use an ammo box to put the belt into to hide obvious mistakes like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fireskull said:
Hehe hassle, and save lifes? :s sauron would have seen them coming direct lol send out crap loads of his flying beasts to kill the eagles and get the ring, second option millions and millions of orcs with bows all shooting into the air at afew eagles lol all getting the desired effect of getting the ring lol
Sauron wouldn't have any way of seeing them coming and wouldn't have time to react, and he wouldn't be expecting it. At the start of the story he doesn't even know the ring has been found and he can't comprehend anyone wanting to destroy it either. And eagles can obviously fly out of bow range.

Back
Top Bottom