Most anticipated PC games of 2021

Associate
battlefield 2042
diablo 2 remastered

and on the couldnt give a toss anything to do with Avatar most over rated franchise of all time

Associate
For me it has gotta be Battlefield 2042 first then a close second for Forza Horizon 5.

Not much on the horizon (Other than Horizon Zero Dawn 2 which won't be coming to PC this year only PS5) which interests me.

Man of Honour
Diablo 2
Pathfinder 2
Elex 2
Deathloop
Weird West
Elden Ring
Battlefield 2042
Circuit Breakers
Orcs Must Die 3
Humankind
Metro 4
Stalker 2
Age of Empires 4
Far cry 6
Darktide
Baldurs Gate 3
Tiny Tinas Wonderlands
Path of Exile 2
Diablo 4
Pantheon
Kings Bounty 2
Dying Light 2
Rift Breaker
Tribes of Midgard
The Ascent
Unrailed
Shadow Warrior 3
Going Medieval
Gord
The Day Before
Endless Dungeon
Deepest Chamber

This is my list for the next couple of years (was easier to copy paste it than bother trimming it to just this years releases :) )

Associate
Both Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance and SCARLET NEXUS are on my radar. And both are being released soon.

In the long term, I'd say Baldurs Gate 3, when finished. And Guardians of the Galaxy, if they don't mess that up.

I'm also hoping that Darktide is good on release.

Associate
Im not really into racing games either, but racing is only part of Forza Horizon, I enjoy all the other activities. ... its a different type of driving game.

the pictures do look stunning

and interesting that you can drive on the uk roads

Man of Honour
FH series is fabulous for non-serious racers because you can tune the difficulty to suit, cars handle differently without needing a degree in physics to make them drivable. You can choose what to do, from general cruising around, to treasure hunting, to stunts, to entering races etc. It's a great balance of open world and competition, avoiding the pitfalls of being too open-ended with no focus whilst also giving plenty of variety and avoiding dead-end scenarios where you get stuck on a given race and can't progress (tends to happen in quite a few racing games). Then there are multiplayer areas with stuff like king of the hill, battle royale etc. You can also design your race blueprints, car liveries etc. Different radio stations with music blended in with updates on what is going on in the game world. I'm not too fussed about some of that stuff but the point is it can appeal to a broad segment and not in a jack of all trades way, it's actually really good fun as an arcade racer with a dab of realism even if you ignore most of the 'side' stuff.

Associate
I just remembered to pre purchase Diablo II Resurrected.

Initially I wasn't bothered about Diablo III, but the latest expansion is £16.99 on its own, and the prime evil upgrade was only £10 more so I went ahead and got it as I do play Diablo III sometimes.

For me its that Baldurs Gate 3 full release

This as well, but its not going to be released this year. I already have the early access and played it for a few weeks, but am waiting for more content or the full release next.

I remember I tried it out for a bit of fun on my Pentium rig which is way below the min spec for the game, and it still runs at 40+ FPS 1080p on lowest settings.

Soldato
Total War Warhammer III and Forza Horizon 5 for me.

Honourable mentions for Halo Infinite, BF2042 and Age of Empires IV. I'm not 100% convinced they will live up to expectations though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom