Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Associate
Which movies do you find extremely overrated by everyone?

Note: This does not mean the films are bad, just that they are overrated.

Quickly from the top of my head for me it's The Star Wars movies, Se7en and Pulp Fiction. I'm not saying these were bad or mediocre films, I find them overrated in the fact that many people will hail them as some of the best films of all time, and such, which honestly imo they aren't.

What films do you find highly overrated?

Soldato
The Dark Knight. It was entertaining yes, but it was being acclaimed to be some sort of masterpiece after its release which I disagree with. It's still the 8th best film of all time on imdb's top 250, I remember it being number one for a while, which I can only assume is down to Heath Ledgers death. He was a great performance wrapped up in an average high budget film.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Godfather, tried to watch it twice, fell asleep twice.

The Shining, just seen too many parodies and heard so much about it over the years so when I finally got around to watching it the movie never had the effect it should have :(

Soldato
Godfather, tried to watch it twice, fell asleep twice

Did that exact same thing with "Starship Troopers".

Friends raved about it, so I watched it. Fell asleep.

Friends continued to rave about it, so I figured I must have just been tired, so I watched it again... Fell asleep again.

Man of Honour
John Carter - very very bland, came out of nowhere hyped up as the big epic movie we'd been waiting all our lives for and I'm pretty sure very very few people actually had ever heard of the fiction behind it before.

Avatar - was good but for me seen too many movies that already told that story and much of the awe in the ambience and visuals, etc. was reduced by previous exposure to that kind of thing in too many older movies and games.

Also the Godfather - one or two scenes aside much of it was way too dry for my tastes.

Associate
The Usual Suspects, sorry but apart from the twist at the end I don't see the appeal.
Me away first time like everyone else, but it's jut a demo of what the technology can do, the film itself was pants. Waste of money making more, give it to charity please.
Blade runner, I've tried to like it but tried once too many, it wants to be a good film but can't in my eyes.

Associate
This thread is like nails down a blackboard, id end up abusing everyone if i replied to ppl i think! my mind boggles at what people are saying in general!

Associate

Lord of the Rings was Ok. Dragged on too much. CGI is a joke.

All Peter Jackson films suffer from bad CGI.

The best film by Peter Jackson was Braindead. I wish he would start making more of them kind of films.

Back
Top Bottom