Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Soldato
Taken. I have no idea why so many people rate this film.

Now this is the definition of over rated.

I don't get why people rave about it either. It was unrealistic, weird and didn't make that much sense or have much of a point.

There are too many people in this thread confusing "I don't like this movie" with "over rated".

Soldato
Now this is the definition of over rated.

I don't get why people rave about it either. It was unrealistic, weird and didn't make that much sense or have much of a point.

There are too many people in this thread confusing "I don't like this movie" with "over rated".

Explain how that's any different to you not liking "Taken"?

Soldato
Lotr trilogy. Just ugh.
Dark Knight. Most films with that many plot holes get slated to death.
Neopolean Dynamite. (I don't care if that is incorrectly spelt).

Soldato
30 posts down and Arguing all-ready. These boards never change.

Anyway;

Napoleon Dynamite
Wedding Singer
The Grey
No country for old men
Titanic... Snoooooze Fest.

Associate
Napoleon Dynamite
Saving Private Ryan (brilliant opening but the rest of the movie was just a bunch of guys trying to find someone, prefer The Thin Red Line over this)
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (the first Austin Powers was a perfect bond spoof, this is just mostly sex/dick jokes)

Soldato
Inglorious Basters - was alright but hardly anything amazing. I was actually bored in places. I just didn't get some of the typical Tarantino randomness/tying to be abstract or whatever.

The Expendables - people try to justify it as being 'switch your brain off' cheese but it wasn't even good cheese! I understand some films can be bad but at the same time they can be worth a watch, I mean the last Rambo film was what I'd call a 'switch your brain off' action film where the story line is pretty basic but the Expendables was just terrible.

The Dark Knight. It was entertaining yes, but it was being acclaimed to be some sort of masterpiece after its release which I disagree with. It's still the 8th best film of all time on imdb's top 250, I remember it being number one for a while, which I can only assume is down to Heath Ledgers death. He was a great performance wrapped up in an average high budget film.

Totally agree! I have no idea what all the fuss is about? It's not a bad film but it was hardly anything special. It was unnecessarily long as well, I was waiting for it to finish.

Shawshank Redemption

It's great, but I wouldn't place it as the best film ever to have existed.

Yeah, I didn't find it that great, I thought The Green Mile was better.

Soldato
The Dark Knight. It was entertaining yes, but it was being acclaimed to be some sort of masterpiece after its release which I disagree with. It's still the 8th best film of all time on imdb's top 250, I remember it being number one for a while, which I can only assume is down to Heath Ledgers death. He was a great performance wrapped up in an average high budget film.

Agree, Ledger was good in it but sorry it is nowhere near as good as Jack Nicholson. IMO

I would have to say Inception. I've watched it about 4 times (I say about, I saw it 2 and a bit times when going to the States last year on the plane) as I was trying to work out what people saw in it.

Ultimately although I completely 'got it' I just didn't 'get why' they bothered.

Close runners up in my mind would be Matrix 3 and Snakes on a Plane. Utter piles of rubbish. Avatar would finish off my top five.

Back
Top Bottom