Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Soldato
One that stands out recently for me is 12 Years a Slave.

I found it utterly boring, the characters that were interesting were gone in a blink and I got no sense of 12 years passing by at all.

Soldato
Kill Bill franchise - total pap.

Sin City Seriously don't get the appeal of this film. Watched it twice in the hope the second time I'd actually get it... I didn't.

Shawshank Redemption - seems to be one of those films you 'must' love but I endured it once and never again.

Wow! Cannot believe these as well as Pulp Fiction have been nominated as 'overrated'.

Do you seriously believe that or are you trying to be 'edgy'?

Could you tell us what type of movie you do rate?

Associate
Pulp Fiction. Tried on 2 occassions to watch to the end and either turned it off or fell asleep. So boring. I now just pretend to have watched it to the end when my mate who lent me the DVD mentions it.

Associate
Where Eagles Dare
Craziness in terms of everyone speaking English, because the yanks and brits were obviously too stupid to read subtitles. The problem was it was inconsistent because there were some German words/shouting if I recall. God, really dire garbage.

Associate
Waterworld. Totally over rated. Never understood the worldwide fanatacism over this film. And the accolades it received? WHY?!

Thought it was terrible myself.

Caporegime
oh god add 12 years a slave and The Hunger games (et al) to my tiny list.

I went to a packed 400 seat cinema to see Hunger games pt2 and i know im not the target audience but Jesus Christ... kids these days ...

Caporegime
Inglorious *******s - Yes it has a couple of great scenes but as a whole I just didn't enjoy it and I am a Tarantino fan (I really enjoyed Jackie Brown.)

It's good until they get done in the ****ing basement. After that it goes massively off the rails, and all you've got left is Brad Pitt "hilariously" speaking Italian and some pointless ultraviolence.

Back
Top Bottom