Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Permabanned
TDK//TDKR - So much fuss, but oh so average.

Avatar - Visuals are great, story is beyond ****.

LOTR - Great effort, but some scenes really killed it for me. The whole Sam/Frodo going through Mordor bored me to tears. Plus the homo erotic edge to their characters was naff.

80's films - This era of film making hasn't aged well. Generalized I know, but look at the films of that decade Terminator/Predetor/Goodfellas etc etc none of aged well, all have massive plot holes.

Rocky Horror Picture Show - I can't describe in words how much I hate this trash.

Caporegime
Tarantino made Deathproof. It's about a stunt driver who kills people by wrecking his car. It's complete rubbish.
Rodriguez made Planet Terror. It's about a zombie invasion and is shallow, shlocky nonsense. But entertaining if that's your thing.

The pair were called Grindhouse.

Deathproof, my god, so bad.

Associate
Not the film so much as the hype surrounding it.
I was 18 or 19 when Alien was released and went to see it after I heard all the stuff about how scary etc the film was and came away decidedly unimpressed.A good film but I felt not as good as it was made out to be at the time.

Associate
Hurt Locker- Watched this fairly soon after watching the excellent series generation kill and it suffered very badly in any kind of comparison

Pulp fiction- overrated pretentious drivel. Like most Tarantino films. Interesting enough I like 'kill bill' which many people dislike. Found it very entertaining as it doesn't take itself too seriously. Its fun trash.

Soldato
I realise saying this on a computer forum is asking for trouble but...

Lord of the Rings

I just don't get it. I don't get the obsession. Good films, yes but I wouldn't watch them again.

Watched once never again. The Hobbit trilogy is even more awful. Overlong pointless waste of time.

That said I still feel my back getting up when people say godfather is a bad movie.

Soldato
i recently watched Sunshine for the first time - some people seem to rate it highly but i thought it was crap. Sure it 'looked' great but i couldn't suspend my disbelief with the moronic 'physics'.

Soldato

Holy mother of god how did this not jump out of the recesses of my mind screaming at the top of it's rotten voice "It's me!" in conjunction with a fluorescent sign pointing at it so vividly fluorescent that new colours are invented to draw the requisite attention to the words which read "I am overrated!"

I applaude your superior focus on reality and recent media. Well played sir, well played. This film was so massively overrated it was ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom