Most Significant Life Changing Moment.

Man of Honour
paradigm said:
Getting involved with a good friends ex. It completely destroyed my social world, to this day I still have a lot of ex-friends that I wish I still had in my life. Getting with this girl eventually resulted in losing 10 or so friends, and one large chunk of my life.

Exactly the same as me. Apart from most of those people will probably be friends with me still, I just haven't really forgiven myself yet.

Soldato
Best:

Getting my current job that i love to bits
Recenty meeting my friend that i love to bits (female, young[i am 34 and she is 19], stunning, fun)
First Holiday Abroad

Worst:

My Friend Dying of Cancer at 25
Being told my mum had breast cancer
My friend from above telling me that her boyfriend is abusive to her but stays with him cause she loves him.

My life is a real rollercoaster ride of emotion as of late... :(

Caporegime
Zefan said:
Exactly the same as me. Apart from most of those people will probably be friends with me still, I just haven't really forgiven myself yet.

I've lost a LOT of good friends because of it. I have forgiven myself, and the friend that was with this girl has forgiven me too, unfortunately the fallout of the whole situation has made a lot of people feel they cannot trust me, herein lies the issue :(

I have done what I can to make amends, but as of yet my efforts are all falling on deaf ears.

Soldato
penski said:
it would have been a period of around three weeks when I was sixteen where it became apparent that the 'career' in which I was involved had suddenly attracted about half a dozen individuals who would ruin it and result in either everyone involved being jailed, a few people losing their lives or both...

best decision I ever made. within six months, the interlopers had (whilst trading off 'our' reputation) resulted in the deaths of two people, hospitalised half a dozen others, fled to the states and got into a lot of trouble with people you don't want to annoy...

I left with the door open so the opportunity is still there should I require big money but the current climate doesn't bode well for it...

While I never broke any laws, some people see it as morally...bad.

and a few high-profile cases stateside mean that even though it is legally a 'grey' area, the risks have increased.

But if I hadn't left, I wouldn't have met my gf and had the most wonderful 5 years of my life.

*n

Any Clues as to what it was/involves?

Soldato
The day someone called me a dirty ***** ****, the fact that i'm of caribbean heritage and he was a black guy made it offensive and funny at the same time, i was only 15 at the time, funnily enough being brown never bothered me but after that day i guess it opened my eyes and made me a bit more paranoid, i think its made me a bit racist as well.

Man of Honour
The death of my mother when I was 11 is probably had the biggest effect, not just in terms of the emotional trauma that one would expect but also I think to some extent it led to me developing differently as a teen that I would otherwise. I reckon I would probably have been more socially active as an adolescent had she still been around, but of course I'll never know.

Another very significant moment, which probably sounds very trivial to most people, would be me taking up an online computer game called Quakeworld during my first year at uni. I went from being a straight A student at school to a lazy bum at uni who spent countless hours each week playing Quake and ended up with a rubbish degree (Sujoy Roy, anyone?). The funny thing is I still don't regret it per se, since it was immense fun and I made some good friends along the way. At one stage I was probably one of the top 3 teamplayers in the UK and I even travelled to a LAN event in Sweden. It definitely changed my life and was the driving force behind my continued interest in computers and the internet. It has also brought me into regular contact with fellow gamers from at least 20 different nations and even taught me quite a few foreign words and phrases in Swedish, German, Dutch etc. Culturally I am far more aware than I used to be (aside from a school trip, I didn't venture overseas until I was 23).

More recently getting together with my gf just over 2 years ago has changed my life yet again. It's given me the motivation to get a better job, buy a house and ease off on the gaming a bit.

Soldato
Scuzi said:
Toward negros or causasians, or all other races?

Sadly to all races i think, i never thought about it before that day, but after it made me start to think what other people were really thinking when we talked etc.. I know its not the best idealogy to hold and i've tried to chuck it but experiences as i got older made me ponder. Thankfully i'm smart enough to know that all races have bad seed and its not a majority thing. Funnily enough i have no asian friends though i can pass for one easily, its 50/50 black and white :)

Soldato
penski said:
it would have been a period of around three weeks when I was sixteen where it became apparent that the 'career' in which I was involved had suddenly attracted about half a dozen individuals who would ruin it and result in either everyone involved being jailed, a few people losing their lives or both...

best decision I ever made. within six months, the interlopers had (whilst trading off 'our' reputation) resulted in the deaths of two people, hospitalised half a dozen others, fled to the states and got into a lot of trouble with people you don't want to annoy...

I left with the door open so the opportunity is still there should I require big money but the current climate doesn't bode well for it...

While I never broke any laws, some people see it as morally...bad.

and a few high-profile cases stateside mean that even though it is legally a 'grey' area, the risks have increased.

But if I hadn't left, I wouldn't have met my gf and had the most wonderful 5 years of my life.

*n

So what where you selling / doing?

Permabanned
mr tommo said:
Any Clues as to what it was/involves?

I would liase with clients that were recommended to us, assess them to see if they were genuine, ascertain their reasons for approaching us and what they expected from us.

if I thought the individual concerned was either genuine (as a buyer) or genuine and had appropriate reasons (as a supplier) then I would collect payment for services required or product desired and arrange the time and place where either partys could meet 'us'.

As my role was purely fiscal or logistical, I was 'safe'.

twice we had journos trying to investigate. both times I had them sussed very quickly...neither came recommended word of mouth from a known source, and both asked lots of very probing and obvious questions which (had they been genuine) they would not need to have asked.

*n

Soldato
Meeting my wife 4.5 years ago. I was unemployed, living with my parents, and what little money I did have was rapidly vanishing during poker games. Then out of nowhere I get an e-mail from some American girl who was studying in the UK (she found my profile on some crappy free dating site I had registered for months before and never even been back to...) and we met 1 week later. 6 months later we were married. 2 years later we moved to the US. Looking back I can't even believe I'm the same person!

Soldato
One of my school friends died 3 years ago. It made me realise that if I leave things badly with someone, I won't always get a chance to make it right again.

Associate
For the better.... My Daughter being born and being a positive influence on my life.

For the worst... My son dying not long after he was born, it taught me life is cruel but we have to get on with it regardless.

Permabanned
Yet to get anywhere important in life, but in my short time I'd probably say my mother's death was the most difficult and changed me the most.

Back
Top Bottom