Most Worthwhile Upgrades for Sim Racing

Associate
OP
The case sounds fine. No need to spend any money changing it unless you want a different aesthetic.
I do, but I’m broke now haha.

In all seriousness, it’s not a necessity. I will get a case when I get a new motherboard. Once I do that I’ll have enough spare parts to rebuild a second pc for my kids (to play Roblox)

Associate
OP
I must admit, I’m a little nervous about the cpu swap. After feeling pretty confident after watching countless videos, now everything is here it’s different.

I may give it a go tomorrow or Friday as I want to make sure I have enough time to do it right and in case any problems arise

Man of Honour
I must admit, I’m a little nervous about the cpu swap. After feeling pretty confident after watching countless videos, now everything is here it’s different.

I may give it a go tomorrow or Friday as I want to make sure I have enough time to do it right and in case any problems arise
Let us know how it goes, I definitely recommend giving yourself as much time as possible, don't want to be in a rush.

Associate
OP
All done.
Had an hour between meetings today.

CPU fan needed a little wiggle n tug to get out, and pulled the CPU out with it. Then i remembered some advice I saw to run the pc for a bit to warm the CPU up - whoops. It’s all in order and managed to separate it from the heat sink. It was actually pretty easy to do, new CPU in, new Arctic Freezer 36 in, new 32gb Corsair RAM in. I booted up after the CPU went in using the old RAM just to check. Once I saw it was all ok I swapped out the RAM.

Gosh its so much faster. Even just opening applications or switching internet pages is lightning. I'll try a few races later to see how it performs but right now I'm just happy it all works. I actually enjoyed doing it, cant wait to get a new Case and Motherboard so I can build another one from my spares. Might make it a mini ATX for the kids to play ROBLOX and do school work.

Anyway, all new kit is showing as it should in Hardware Manager and seems to be working as expected. I do wish I went for the ARGB Arctic Freezer now but oh well, it'll do the job.

Back
Top Bottom