Most Worthwhile Upgrades for Sim Racing

Hi. A quick update on things.
Is all working fine, no issues or problems.
CPU barely gets above 25% usage lol.

Graphics card is maxed out most of the time with the settings I like to use but there’s no stuttering or tearing so it’s fine.

It does have me thinking however on what’s the best next upgrade to save for.

A better GPU, a new screen or a better motherboard.
What’s going to have the biggest impact on my playing experience.

I’m thinking the GPU will make the biggest difference and allow me play with higher settings with a higher frame rate, BUT, I’m on a 27” 16:9 screen and maybe a 34” UW would give me a better in game experience, especially since I’m not overly concerned with 4k gaming.
But then will my gpu limit me more on a bigger screen.

Stupid question, if a monitor is 1440, will it display at 1080 if I want or will it created a border?
The quality of interpolation depends on the monitor, you can usually change those settings about the aspect ratio and the border, but if you get an ultra wide it won't physically fit, which would distort the image.

I'd rather use upscaling (like FSR) from a lower resolution that has the same aspect ratio.

Last edited:
The quality of interpolation depends on the monitor, you can usually change those settings about the aspect ratio and the border, but if you get an ultra wide it won't physically fit, which would distort the image.

I'd rather use upscaling (like FSR) from a lower resolution that has the same aspect ratio.
Agreed, some are better at it than others. That's why I'm still using 1440p, it still looks great to my mid 50s eyes and far easier to drive than 4k. We're still not at 4k 144hz in terms of graphics card power, when we are I might then go 4k.

And agreed on the second point, cheaper to get the monitor and upscaling tech on NVidia and Intel seems pretty good, with AMD not that far behind now. FSR seems to depend more on the title. But their upscaling is definitely catching up and AFMF (AMD framegen) looks good already.

Back
Top Bottom