MoTD Complaint form... I got a reply

Soldato
Tru said:
He was brilliant on Channel 4, he'd always make outrageous and hilarious accusations about Italian clubs when he did the news bit. :D What show does he do these days?

He is is extremely witty too, he is very quick sometimes :D . Now doing the Football Italia on Bravo, Friday evenings and live games on Sat/Sun...

Associate
I know what you mean about the commentating. A foul will happen which everyone can understand why, but the commentators cant and go on to make it sound like something major.

The bbc coverage is poor compared to Sky. The camera men never capture any of the off the ball action or anything like that, and never have a clue whats happening.

Personally i think it was a bit petty to email them about the Ruud joke (i did notice it at the time and thought that it was quite witty by Gary, and was funny when Wrighty cottened on), but im glad you included the points about the poor coverage.

Just my 2p worth

Soldato
My mate got a simmilar letter from 5 live when complained about Alan (Im really unbiased) Green. Addressed the concerns and gave a blurt about it presenters being fans etc.

Even for a UTD fan I thought Linekers comments were very quick witted :D

Soldato
Quoted on Rednews.co.uk

"SUN on Gary Lineker jibe
Wednesday, March 8, 2006

'GARY Lineker was rapped by the BBC for being rude — to Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
The Match Of The Day host joked about the Man U striker’s features after he was interviewed following a defeat.

Ex-England ace Lineker quipped to Van Nistelrooy: “Why the long face, Ruud?” after United crashed 1-0 to Liverpool in the FA Cup.

But it left United fans furious and former Spurs star Lineker has now been ticked off.

One fan received an email apology from the BBC saying: “We admit the comment was ill-judged and in poor taste. I assure you he has been made fully aware of this.”

Yesterday, one fan who complained said: “Lineker was out of order. How would he like it if he appeared on TV and some big cheese said, ‘What’s with the jug ears, Gary?’ ”"

Would that be a direct quote from our Icebus's letter from the BBC? I think so!! :p

edit: It seems I'm not the only one who senses a spy amongst us. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Whos Gary Linkere?

IceBus said:
Dear Mr Blair

Thank you for your e-mail regarding a remark made by Gary Linkere during 'Match of the Day'. Your concerns were addressed to BBC Sport Editor Andrew Clement who responded as follows:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mr Singh said:
Icebus you aint got him sacked have you? he wasn't on last night :(

(i missed the intro..)

LOL... I hope not either :(

I missed the intro too - was he sick or something?

The response I got was pretty much a form reply from BBC, and seeing as I didn't contact The Sun, it seems likely another United fan who received the same reply did. Quite a few people posted the replies they got on Red Cafe.

I'd be gutted if Gary got sacked as imo he's the only good football presenter on the BBC. I highly doubt he'd be kicked out for something so petty though.

Soldato
it would really suck if hes been sacked man, all the others are ****. if he has then, i know who to blame and let my anger out at ;) :(

Back
Top Bottom