Motivation

Associate
Over the last few months I have been browsing the forums and have see allot of people having interviews and allot of people getting new jobs.

Now I hate my job with a passion and have from day one but 3 years on I just can’t seem to find the motivation to start looking for a new one, I don’t know if this is because I am in a comfort zone where I know exactly what I am doing know the people who I work with and so on or if I am just a lazy git (I personally think it’s the latter).

I guess my question is how do you guys get the motivation, some in here will say I already have because I hate my job but I just can’t seem to find it :(

Soldato
It doesn't take much work to tart up the CV and upload it to some job sites - you may be suprised about how many calls you get. Make sure the CV doesn't go on and on for pages and that it's to the point.

Of course, the ultimate kick up the backside to get another job is either to resign when you haven't got something else to go to (high risk) or if you are made redundant.

Associate
OP
Triad2000 said:
It doesn't take much work to tart up the CV and upload it to some job sites - you may be suprised about how many calls you get. Make sure the CV doesn't go on and on for pages and that it's to the point.

Of course, the ultimate kick up the backside to get another job is either to resign when you haven't got something else to go to (high risk) or if you are made redundant.

Thats just it i have tried Monster and it was rubbish and also Reed and like you say loads of phone calls that all amounted to nothing, We will send off you CV and get back to you, never to hear from them again, thats when i start to lose all motivation.

Soldato
you need to get in the habit of sending out letters,CVs, applications etc to companies..once the interviews starting coming you'll get a taste of what else is out there for you. That'll be your motivation. Interviews can be quite exciting in themselves...and can push you to keep trying.

Caporegime
Axis64 said:
Over the last few months I have been browsing the forums and have see allot of people having interviews and allot of people getting new jobs.

Now I hate my job with a passion and have from day one but 3 years on I just can’t seem to find the motivation to start looking for a new one, I don’t know if this is because I am in a comfort zone where I know exactly what I am doing know the people who I work with and so on or if I am just a lazy git (I personally think it’s the latter).

I guess my question is how do you guys get the motivation, some in here will say I already have because I hate my job but I just can’t seem to find it :(

you dont want to move really. hating your job with a passion is more than motivation enough. your comfort zone is hating your job? i doubt that.

Soldato
I know exactly how you feel OP. I felt the same way about my last job but when I finally got in from work the last thing I wanted to do was think about more work, even if that work was job hunting. Getting fired seemed to do the trick though to get me out of there :(

Soldato
Axis64 said:

comfort zone and i'm lazy is my excuse ;)

Associate
OP
kola said:
comfort zone and i'm lazy is my excuse ;)

Dude you never gonna leave you have got it too easy lol, i used to work there with you mate i know what its like and if they had never made me redundant i would probably be there with you still ;)

Soldato
Axis64 said:
Dude you never gonna leave you have got it too easy lol, i used to work there with you mate i know what its like and if they had never made me redundant i would probably be there with you still ;)
lol have u seen us on the register though lately not good news ?

Associate
OP
kola said:
Indeed 2mill loss over the last year :rolleyes: I might as well quit knowing the company which is going to buy us out lol

Oh dear thats not good i have just read the artical! Looks like you need some motivation to get a new job then.

Back
Top Bottom