1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto GP Crash Horrific :-(

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by 4T5, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SpeedFreak

Soldato

It's taken me a few days to come to terms with seeing this. Absolutely horrific accident and we've lost somebody with such potential and enthusiasm for the sport. He was the future and easily the rider I enjoyed watching the most this season. It was fitting that his duel with Bautista was mesmerising before his crash.

2. jon.bda

Mobster

3. MrRoper

Hitman

Moto GP will never be the same again :(

I loved watching him race, he was so gutsy with such a great personality, and the fact that he was already upsetting people in the paddock was great,

Its ironic that after all his accidents, this happens to him when he had learnt to pull the reins back a little.

fairwell sideshow Bob :(

4. kippermitten

Wise Guy

A deeply upsetting accident for all involved, Marco's family and friends, Rossi and Edwards...ill admit i shed more than a few tears on Sunday night when i learnt of this.
    Id been considering riding again after my crash but now i just cant even contemplate riding anymore. I know the nature of the beast is the high risk involved in bikes and bike racing but there are times like these that bring it home brutally.
    RIP Marco.

5. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Thought I would pass this on here, think it started on a KTM forum then I'm forwarding it on from gixerjunkies.com

A guy is doing some Ciao #58 decals, proceeds go to charity:
    http://crispydesigns.co.uk/home/shop/

A nice touch, I have ordered a few :)

6. Spud21

Mobster

RIP Marco. :(

I'm not one to usually get upset about things like this, last time was probably when Senna died when i was a kid, but this has genuinely upset me, reading MCN today with the bits about him just made me really sad :(

One of the few reasons i watched Moto Gp was for the way he raced, he was a proper racer, and he will be Missed.

7. Domo

Mobster

I've never been a dedicated MotoGP fan - sure I know Rossi (and I've enjoyed cheering him on in a few races) but I wish I'd seen this guy more.
    His death has hit many of you hard - he must have been quite something. I think the nature of his death - the unfortunate circumstances just makes it all the more unbearable.

What a terrible week for motorsport. :(

8. i-bert

Mobster

Same here.

I'm telling myself that it's stupid of me to get upset, as I couldn't understand it when people would cry when Diana died. I have never met the bloke, had no connection to him except watching him race. But I was looking at pics of him the other night and I shed a few tears. :(

9. MrKeeno

Wise Guy

Guys have any of you got any links to good videos of Marco racing? Ive been out of biking for a while and only got back on two wheels and ive not been watching any races.

Everyone mentions how exciting he was to watch, would love to see some of it.

Cheers

10. St0rmer66

Mobster

11. ShakenNstirred

Sgarrista

love marco`s come back to what lorenzo says in interview in that video lol
    classic marco..

its marco`s funeral today
    reports of upto 50,000 will be there

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  12. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Man I get emotional watching that video... I loved his drive to never give up, if there was someone in front he would make that overtake even if it meant loosing it again next corner, there was always something interesting going on if Marco was racing...

13. 4T5

Man of Honour

14. Spunkey

Capodecina

15. cyclops12

Wise Guy

16. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

I watched all the races on Sunday. Was looking forward to the MotoGP, first two laps did not disappoint. Then there was the crash. I was watching with my OH who doesn't watch the racing often with me, I said to her that the outcome will not be good. The coverage was sporadic, hearing back in the pits that Sic was conscious, I thought 'Wow, how? I bloody hope so!' Alas, from what we have heard since, his death will have been quick and painless, and we can only hope that he's lapping the great circuit in the sky.

Getting on my bike on Monday morning was sobering. I know motorcycles are dangerous, Sunday re-confirmed that. I've had my near misses in the past. Time to give up? I spoke to my Mrs about it, she said the most sensible thing I think I've ever heard from her, that Simoncelli died doing something he loved and who can honestly say that is a bad way to go.

Ciao Marco.

17. gary996

Mobster

Was a sad sad day. RIP Marco and keep riding like only you do.

18. ShakenNstirred

Sgarrista

19. thedoc46

Soldato

20. 4T5

Man of Honour

:(