Moto GP Crash Horrific :-(

Soldato
I'm absolutely shocked. Didn't get to see the race live today as I was out the house until 7.00pm so had set the Sky+ to record it so I could watch later. Surprisingly enough, didn't have the radio on in the car earlier. First thing I heard about this was a news bulletin this evening just after I got home.

RIP Marco. :(

Associate
Well and truly gutted to be honest, one of my favorite riders, I loved his 'balls out' attitude. One of the best and he leaves behind shoes that will never be filled.

RIP, such a loss :(

Soldato
A tragic loss, and a horrific accident.
RIP.

The BBC news may have been somewhat lacking, but at the same time, the indycar crash last week, resulted in the death of a British driver, this unfortunate incident however, took a talented italian rider from us, and thus is not quite so newsworthy. If it had been a British rider, it would have been a different story I am sure, just one of those things where the news is less than impartial.

Soldato
Gotta feel for Rossi and Edwards too, they must be absolutely gutted.

Firstly R.I.P Marco :(

You have got to wonder how bad these two guys are feeling right now, Rossi was a good friend and through no fault of his own he possibly took his life. Being in a sport as fast paced as moto gp surely he is going to be wondering "what if" what if I reacted quicker etc. :( Must be tearing the guy apart (Same goes for Edwards) Really feel for all involved :(

Soldato
Horrible. One more reason I hate bikes, this sort of thing can happen even when not racing the way some motorcyclists behave. To me, looks like he was a goner when he has sliding face first down the tarmac, completely motionless. And only one race left of the season too :(

Associate
I was driving to Heathrow this morning when this came on a radio news bulletin and didn't want to believe it. I'm completely devastated. He was the best thing to happen to Moto GP recently. A great rider with so much potential and an all-round nice guy.

You will be missed.

R.I.P Marco. :(

Soldato
Firstly R.I.P Marco :(

You have got to wonder how bad these two guys are feeling right now, Rossi was a good friend and through no fault of his own he possibly took his life. Being in a sport as fast paced as moto gp surely he is going to be wondering "what if" what if I reacted quicker etc. :( Must be tearing the guy apart (Same goes for Edwards) Really feel for all involved :(

Going back to 2003, Daijiro Kato, though no one else was involved, it didn't impact the remaining grid negatively. Only positivley. Sete Gibernau rode with the spirit of Kato in him and went on to win many races.

Every rider knew in the back of their mind it could have easily been them, as it will for Simoncelli's unfortunate passing.

I think Rossi will go on, but race with the spirit of Simoncelli inside of him. He will always don the 58 number on his bike for the remainder of his career, and every win he has from this day on, he'll dedicate to Simoncelli.

Caporegime
A terrible week for motorsport. it was worse seeing marco's crash than Wheldon's though. Just seeing him instead of it being hidden like with Wheldon. :( RIP Marco.

Soldato
I just woke up and tried to "quickly watch the gp before work". I am in shock at that. My favourite rider and a great guy. When his helmet came off instantly I think we knew.... Rossi's body language suggested he knew too. :(
RIP Marco, you will be massively missed. You defined motogp for me.

:(

RIP

Associate
After seeing this and being a fan of Marco I have to say that my heart isnt in doing track days anymore and will probably sell up.

I didnt realise it would hit me so hard personally :(

Soldato
Such a massive loss, I don't know if MotoGP will feel the same anymore, he was one of the main reasons I watched it, was a breath of fresh air to what is usually a snore fest.
Whats even more depressing is how I think back to how he was riding at the beginning of the year before he was obviously told to tone it down :(

RIP Simo..

Associate
A hard thing to have to watch:(

I felt choked up seeing the crash, I cant imagine how his family and crew felt as it all unfolded infront of them :(

I hope he never gained enough conciousness to realise what was happening to him.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom